This mod adds the monorail system to Cities XXL. Please read carefully the instructions on how to build monorail lines.
- XL Nation Furniture Dependency
- Cities XXL Community MOD
- Game Version:
- Cities XXL 2015
1. Place the patch file in your mods folder.
2. You’ll find the monorail under Transport/Public Transport menu
3. There will be 4 new icons:
Station: They work like metro stations, you place the station first and then connect them using tracks.
Once connected by tracks, the platforms will appear.
Tracks: These tracks are used to connect the stations along the monorail line.
“Station-to-Track” Dummy: StoT pieces snap to stations and allow you to connect them to dummy tracks (see below) to create loops.
Dummy Track: These tracks are used to create loops or to extend the tracks beyond the last station of the line. They only snap to StoT pieces or dummy tracks.
How to build a monorail line:
1. Locate the monorail station icon in Transport/Public Transport menu.
2. Place the stations by double clicking on them. At this point you'll only see the base of the station.
3. Use the tracks to connect the stations. You'll notice a big placeholder structure as you drag the tracks from the station. This happens for technical reasons, you can hide it simply by holding the shift key and dragging the track a little below.
The big placeholder will disappear and you can continue connecting the stations. As you connect them, the platforms appear and they become functional. Placeholders can also be deleted after you placed the tracks by clicking on them and hitting the DELETE key.
How to create a loop or extend the tracks pass the last station:
Once you connected all the stations, you can add a track to create a loop line. The tracks used to connect the stations don't work for that.
1. Select the StoT dummy, and connect them to the first and the last station. This will allows you to connect the dummy tracks to them.
2. Select the dummy tracks and create a loop to close the line. You may need to adjust the height of the tracks by holding Shift key and dragging up and down.
Massive thanks to Monty for his work on this mod and for releasing it to XLNation, it probably wouldn't have happened if not for him.
Also Thanks to Aitortilla for supplying 3D Models.
This will be the last Altiris Mod, enjoy and have fun, MONORAIL!, MONORAIL!, MONORAIL!.
I will no longer be hosting XLNation as of March 1, 2017. Skullz613 will be taking the reigns of the site in early 2017 and XLNation will be moving to a new web hosting service. During that transition there will be an interruption in service of up to two weeks. Skullz613 is now a full administrator of XLNation. Be kind to him.
Transportation Monorail (XXL only) 1.1
A monorail system for XXL