This mod changes the sky, lighting and reflection settings to make it look more realistic, or at least I hope so.
The mod features are:
-5 new reflection/environment cubemaps. The game has only two that don't provide realistic reflections on buildings.
- More realistic day-night cycle. Including a beautiful dawn with yellow horizon, a greyish morning, a truly clear midday lighting without color distortions and a more realistic orange horizon at sunset.
- More realistic view dependent sky/city reflections on buildings.
- More ralistic daylight, not everything looks yellow anymore.
- "Blue hour" after sunset for awesome night pics.
- Brighter nighlights for game building that don't affects buildings with custom shaders
- No more overburn white building facades during daytime
- No more orange abstract reflections on buildings, now they reflect the sky according to time of the day.
AM- Makes the default building shader nightlights brighter without affecting custom shaders, it also improves their reflections and reduce the specularity to avoid white burn areas.
-Shorter shadows at midday. (v1.2.1 and v1.2.2)
With accurate view dependent reflections I mean that the game reflects the top or the botom of the the cubemap depending on the camera position. You won't get real time reflections.
SCREENSHOTS (most of them courtesy of lmiguel)
The blue hour is the period of twilight right after the sunset, this time last for around 30 minutes and it'ss considered special by photographers because is the best moment to take night pictures since there is no sunlight anymore but the sky is not completely dark yet.
It looks like this:
In the game I have included a blue hour just right after sunset -game time 9PM-. This particular sky and light setting will allow you to take much better night screenshots than the original pitch black night sky. The blue hour in the game is quite short two, in just a few seconds the sky will turn into the usual night colour.
From 12 AM to 3AM is pretty much like the original.
NOT COMPATIBLE WITH:
Special thanks to these folks for helping me: Alex24, Banib3, Kitsunebi, LMiguel and Preyfr60
- Installation Pre-requiste(s):
It's not long before we will be moving. The new hosting has been setup and the next thing to be done is to change the DNS. When it's changed it may take between 24 to 48 hours to take effect. During this time XLN will be closed so it can be backed up. When the new DNS takes effect, you will see a basic page with a message regarding the move. Note: It may take up to two weeks to get XLN up and running again.Dismiss Notice
General Realistic Day/Night Cycle Mod 1.2.2
More realistic day/night cycle and new reflection cubemaps.