This mod changes the sky, lighting and reflection settings to make it look more realistic, or at least I hope so.
The mod features are:
-5 new reflection/environment cubemaps. The game has only two that don't provide realistic reflections on buildings.
- More realistic day-night cycle. Including a beautiful dawn with yellow horizon, a greyish morning, a truly clear midday lighting without color distortions and a more realistic orange horizon at sunset.
- More realistic view dependent sky/city reflections on buildings.
- More ralistic daylight, not everything looks yellow anymore.
- "Blue hour" after sunset for awesome night pics.
- Brighter nighlights for game building that don't affects buildings with custom shaders
- No more overburn white building facades during daytime
- No more orange abstract reflections on buildings, now they reflect the sky according to time of the day.
AM- Makes the default building shader nightlights brighter without affecting custom shaders, it also improves their reflections and reduce the specularity to avoid white burn areas.
-Shorter shadows at midday. (v1.2.1 and v1.2.2)
With accurate view dependent reflections I mean that the game reflects the top or the botom of the the cubemap depending on the camera position. You won't get real time reflections.
SCREENSHOTS (most of them courtesy of lmiguel)
From 12 AM to 3AM is pretty much like the original.
NOT COMPATIBLE WITH:
Special thanks to these folks for helping me: Alex24, Banib3, Kitsunebi, LMiguel and Preyfr60
- Installation Pre-requiste(s):
If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.Dismiss Notice
If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.
If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.Its becoming harder each month to keep this site floating on the web. As Adsense money is now four months apart, I'm covering the rest of the monthly bills.Dismiss Notice
There's been a handful of donations which help a little but more regular donations are needed if this site is to stay alive.
I know it's tough for everyone but if you can spare a little it would be awesome.
P.S. Big huge thanks to the last donations. It was a big help for this month.
General Realistic Day/Night Cycle Mod 1.2.2
More realistic day/night cycle and new reflection cubemaps.