Tired of dull nightlighting, and tiny dots for streetlights?
Well, deal with them no longer! Smile This mod enhances the night lighting for the game, and overhauls those sad, dotty excuses for streetlights, into this:
- Brighter lights on buildings at nights
- Streetlights are larger and brighter, they are also a more orange color as well.
See your cities in a whole new way!
No pre-requisites required (although realistic us textures mod is recommended)
* Please note that this mod was made from a series of experiments, and is still in the expiremental stage. This is the first version, and first mod that changes the streetlights, so it does have the following bugs:
- Some tiling can be seen in the street lighting (common in diagonals).
- The street lights could still be even larger and cover more (especially on large roads, but I can't at the moment due to tiling issue, but it will be done in version 2.Innocent
Other than that, they are much better than the old, default lights.
Update Version 1.1:
New Update: New Streetlight colors
First choose one of the following files:
-White Larger Streetlights: Makes streetlights larger; and changes the colors to white.
-Organge Larger Streetlights: Makes streetlights larger; and changes the colors to orange.
-Yellow Larger Streetlights: The old version of the streetlights in this mod, makes them larger, uses original yellowish color (as used in the "after" pic in the comparison)
*You must install only ONE of the files for the mod to work propertly!
Then, select only one of the following files:
- Brighter Houses: Brightens up all building lights in the game (not just houses).
- Brighter Houses (Toned Down): Toned down version of the brigher buildings, makes them brighter, but not too bright
(You can install any combination of them, for example: Brigher houses with white streetlights)
(You can also install the old version for reference, but make sure it's the only file if you do)
(Note that although it's called brigher_houses, it brighens up all buildings)
3. Make sure any old versions are removed, then copy .patch file(Drunk into the Paks folder. You can only have ONE streetlight file and ONE brigher house file at the same time, Do not install two streetlight colors at the same time!
4. start up the game, switch to any of the night modes and see your cities like you never seen them before!
- Installation Pre-requiste(s):
I have increased our donation amount due to a price increase from the hosting company. It happened last year but I've been covering it so far..... Also PayPal is charging more so I still end up covering extra amounts due to the exchange rate fees.Dismiss Notice
The Ad revenue has been slow but traffic is picking up as everyone is home.
I know times are tough for some right now due to this dam virus but every spare dollar helps.
Hope you all are keeping safe
If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.Dismiss Notice
If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.
If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
General Realistic Nightlighting Mod 1.1
Original author: pcwhiz24