Welcome to the Crime and Leisure add-on page.
The Security simulation has been upgraded Education would now give a small bonus to Security in your cities, since educated Sims are more likely to refrain from criminal activity, even when they have problems. So, as you develop Education in the city, you'll also notice a small improvement in Security satisfaction.
NOTE: You do NOT need to download new CLM files, just the newest UIM mod (1.77. - it contains all the necessary changes.
IMPORTANT: Due to the latest changes in UIM, the Installation instructions for CLM have changed a bit - you now need to remember to include CLM support during UIM installation! Please Check the updated Installation instructions bellow.
- Some changes and improvements have been made to all files. The Police Service coverage is now displayed correctly when placing Police stations. Please, redownload all CLM files that you're currently using.
- Language support now includes 100% French, thanks to Dolmen! Also, I've fixed couple of things in all other translations.
Thanks to vocesmambo's incredibly fast rsponse, we now have full Spanish support for CLM! As usual, report any problems (although I have limited abilities to check language errors, due to the fact that my game runs only in English ). Also, the Italian and German translations are now complete, thanks to Kitsunebi and Admetes Enjoy!
- Three new buildings added: The Art school (found under Education - provides both Education and Leisure satisfaction); the French Restaurant and the Tourist Agency (aka London City hall) - an office that also boosts Holiday production by 35%! Don't forget to download also the latest LOC file!
- T2 Leisure's area of effect has been reduced slightly
THE SKI PACK PLUG-IN!
The second CLM plug-in is up - the Ski pack! This mod is based on Altiris' Ski Expander, it contains all of its features retuned for CLM, as well as some improvements. Here's a short list:
- New Mountain buildings, including Utilities
- General purpose Roads with snow textures, Ski Runs, Ski lifts (which function as pedestrian transport, allowing access to the highest parts of the mountains)
- A Snowmobile track similar to the NEXL Quad Bikes
As usual, check the Change log for a full list.
- NOTE: Some small changes have been made to the other patches to make them compatible with the Ski pack: the Base buildings, and the Beach Buildings. Make sure to download the latest versions! English support is ready, and other languages are comming soon. Check the Download instructions, please.
THE BEACH PACK PLUG-IN!
The first CLM plug-in is ready! All Beach buildings have now functions in tune with the new Entertainment category and Crime. For those of you that never tried the Beach Buildings pack from myBeach and Ski residences fix, you'll find tons of new cool stuff! As a bonus, the collision boxes of the small buildings have been fixed, so now you could use them according to their size! Check out the full change list into the Change log.
Many Beach buildings could go into any city, not only summer resort-styled cities! Feel free to explore all the possibilities!
NOTE: The Plug-in requires all prerequisites for CLM, as well as zzXLN_CLM_basebuildings. Also, this pack replaces completely the PackBeach_Buildings.patch - you can remove it.
NOTE 2: If your cities crash after installing this patch, remove it temporarily, delete all Beach buildings from the cities, then put the patch again - it should run OK and you could then replace your buildings.
Since the initial launch of Cities XL 2009, we have had the impression that something doesn't add up, concerning Leisure in the game. Buildings that all logic dictates should be Entertaining (like Bars and Restaurants) appeared as Retail; others like the Ferris Wheel and the Bowling alley, which logic dictates should be private ventures, were state-run. And modders that have access to the core files of the game have noticed another negative effect, burried in the code, but inactive - Crime. Combining all these bits of info with our natural desire to improve this beloved game, we started work and created this comprehensive functionality add-on, which will change significantly the way Commerce handles in the game.
Here are the key features of the mod:
- Third Leisure category - Entertainment: a private Leisure industry complete with the relevant tax group in your Budget.
- New negative effect - Crime, fully functional, and affecting several aspects of the city. There is also a relevant Layer to track its effect.
- Many changes in the way Holiday hotels function, creating a much more challenging and interesting Vacation cities.
- Greatly increased Retail demand, especially in Vacation cities
- Many unlocked buildings with full functionality
- Inane problems in some buildings were fixed.
And here is a complete change log:
- The effect is produced by buildings, and also by Population density (the bigger the density, the more Crime on this spot)
- There is localized effect, and also an All-map effect. The second is many times weaker than the first, and rarely both effects are emitted by a single building. Example: the Casino.
Buildings, emitting Crime:
- Most Entertainment; big Stadiums, some Megastructures (scyscrapers, stadiums), Special Offices, some Office Landmarks
Buildings affected by crime (Security satisfaction):
- Citizens, all Retail, all Hotels,
- Increased the effect of all Police stations
- The Sheriff's Office now unlocks at start in Normal mode, to provide Security satisfaction from the start
- New unique Security building - Prison, which unlocks at 1 000 000 pop. and provides city-wide Security effect, in addition to Security satisfaction bonus.
- New Leisure category. Includes restaurants, coffees, bars, discoteques, etc.
- Buildings in it are Private (non state-supported), and pay taxes. There's a relevant tax category in the Budget panel.
- All buildings provide Leisure satisfaction and produce Leisure resource
- Allmost all buildings consume Retail. Some also consume other resources.
- Most buildings are affected by Population Density (positively)
- Most buildings emit Crime, some also emit Noise Pollution
- A number of Entertainment buildings were formerly Retail T1 - you'll recognize them by the description
- New buildings: Music Hall T2, Music Pub T2, Casino Royal (Unique)
- The Bowling Alley, Ferris Wheel and the Multiplex are now also Entertainment
Changes in Sports Leisure
- New Sprots leisure buildings: Playground (T1), Climbing wall (T2), Soccer field (Unique)
- Swimming pool has been tuned down to T2 status - it will now unlock earlier, cost less
- Bowling alley is now Entertainment;
- Some buildings now consume Retail
- Playground, Basketball Court and Climbing Wall DON'T produce Leisure resource
- The Helipad is left unchanged intentionally, for future use in NEXL
Changes in Culture Leisure
- Ferris Wheel moved to Entertainment; the new T1 Culture is the Sports museum, now called Library
- Multiplex has been moved to Entertainment
- Panoramic Restaurant has been moved to Entertainment, renamed to Penthouse Club
- New buidlings: Art Gallery (T2, formerly an Office), Auditorium T2, Museum of sciences T3 (formerly a T1 Retail), National history museum T3 (formerly an Office), Media Center T4
- A new resource.
- Produced by all Leisure buildings, EXCEPT Basketball Court, Playground, Climbing wall and Library. Use these to provide satisfaction without adding resource production!
- Consumed by citizens, Holiday hotels
- All hotels now consume Retail. Holiday hotels also consume Leisure resource
- All hotels are now affected by Security satisfaction
- Holiday hotels are also affected by Leisure satisfaction
- Increased the maximum profits of all hotels
- Decreased slightly the amount of Business hotel resource produced by T3 Business hotels
- T1 and T2 Holiday hotels now consume less Holiday Area resource
- The Burj Khalifa hotel has been renamed with a more suitable name, and its performance enhanced to suit T4 status
- The 2012 'Castle' hotel has also been renamed and boosted; also, its access problem has been fixed
- All Retail is now affected by Security satisfaction. This includes Special Retail, like the Carrefour stores and the Kodak Express Shop
- Increased the maximum profits of T2 and T3 Retail, including the Special Retail buildings
- Many Retail buildings have been turned into Entertainment (the bars, the restaurants, Burger palace, etc)
The respective buildings in the European, American and Asian Packs have been changed as follow:
- Hotels now behave as all other modified hotels
- Market buildings depend on Security satisfaction
- Restaurant buildings have been turned into Entertainment, and modified accordingly
- The Small Marina from the American pack has been also turned into Entertainment, and has been renamed to 'Private Marina'
- Casino Royal has been rebalanced to make more money
- The Peace Hotel has been reworked - it is now sensitive to Environment, Passenger services and Security, like all other hotels
- Fixed the Penthouse club going bankrupt all the time
- The Population density issue has been fixed - buildings will now react correctly to higher density in the correct areas
- The Leisure resource is now more expensive
- Almost all Leisure rebalanced to accommodate above changes
- Fixed the collision box of one Beach hotel and the Casino
- Bumped up the profit of the new Megastore
- Kodak Express shop and Ford Car Dealer are now sensitive to Security
- Fixed the broken animations of the Playground and the Discoteque.
- Switched the two Discoteques
-Added city-wide Security effect to the LA Courthouse
Update 3.4: Beach Pack changes:
- Unlocked new buildings: Activities areas, Utility buildings (Electricity, Waste ), Services buildings (Security, Health), Concert stage, Tourist Office, one House on stilts
- Fixed a number of collision boxes
- Fixed some animations not working
- Functionality changes:
- Some coastal buildings were intentionally left unchanged, for the purposes of possible future NEXL use.
- many small shops and restaurants are now Entertainment (for example Ice cream kiosk, Bistro, Beach Grill, etc); The smallest ones do NOT emit Crime
- all Bars are now Entertainment
- some Leisure activities are now Entertainment (Jacuzzi, Aqua park);
- all Leisure has been rebalanced for the purposes of the mod.
- the Tourist Office is now a T3 Office
- one House has been switched from Executives to Qualified Workers, to suit better its general look
- Holiday hotels are now more sensitive to Environment and less sensitive to Leisure
- Business hotels are now more sensitive to Passengers and less sensitive to Security
- Leisure buildings have more powerfull individual effect
- T3 Leisure generally has a bigger Area-of-effect
- Retail consumption of Holiday hotels and some Leisure has been reduced
- The Obelisk was moved from the Environment to the Landmark menu
- Fixed the Casino and Disco not connecting to small roads
Update 3.6 - Ski Pack:
- Unlocked new buildings: Utilities (Electricity, Waste), Services (Health, Security), Residences, Ski-jump components, Paragliding components, Ski Slopes, Ski Lifts, Ski roads
- The Snowmobile Rental has now an additional track (like NEXL Quadbikes)
- Replaced the Multiplex with a new, big Restaurant.
- Functionality changes:
- Utility buildings in the Ski and Beach packs have been retuned and made economically balanced with the rest of the game
- Many buildings turned into Entertainment (Snack, Restaurants, Night Club, etc )
- Many public buildings emit Landmark effect, to allow creation of Holiday resource areas for Holiday Hotels
- Snow-themed Holiday hotels have been retuned to match better the economic environment - they 'eat up' less Holiday Resource area; also small Hol. hotels can be placed almost anywhere
- Beach and Ski Hotels have been moved from the Basebuildings patch to the respective Pack patches
- Thumbnails in the CLM-oriented menus have been reordered for easier and more logical use. Cheapest T1 buildings now appear first, with more expensive structures appearing to the left of the stack.
- Added new buildings - Art School, Cultural Center, French Restaurant, Tourist Agency
- Readjusted the Leisure effect in T2 buildings, it now has less coverage
- Spanish support added
- Fixed errors in the code for Police stations - they now emit PoliceServices, instead of Security.
- The Beach and Ski packs were updated to acommodate the above changes
- Multipurpose stations were removed from the mod, to keep it compatible with HEM
- The Education service (School_1) has been included in the Security combination; it would now improve Security in the area by a small amount.
The Effects of the add-on are many and varied, but as a rule we've been trying to enhance the Cities XL experience both in gameplay and realism. After installing the add-on you'll find that you'll need to change the way you play the game, much more than if you simply had new buildings to plop down. You'll have to keep aware of a brand new Negative effect and how it's affecting your cities; you'll be able to provide Leisure satisfaction without spending City money; and many of the buildings you've always thought weirdly handled by the game (Ferris Wheel, Cinema, Burger palace, etc) will now feel right.
With the CLM you'll be able to build Holiday centers that are almost self sufficient - they won't need Offices or High tech factories for additional income! Your Holiday Hotels will be able to thrive in different environments - in the center of the city, surrounded by Entertainment and Landmarks, or away in secluded areas where people enjoy Nature!
The process of establishing Vacation centers is now much more interesting, since you have to balance much more issues, like Crime and Leisure resources and sensitivity. But you also have a whole new horizon of options thanks to the new Entertainment category!
Note that the Crime effect can be evaded, the same way as you can evade Air pollution - by not using the buildings that produce it. So, if you wish to use only the other features of the add-on, such as the increased Retail demand, or the enhanced Holiday hotels, you can do so. The new Security and Crime Layers are able to show efficiently every building in the city affected by, or emitting Crime (as well as the buildings that fight it), so you'll have no problems identifying and resolving threads to citizen Security.
The Add-on makes quite a number of name and description changes, which are supported in the following languages:
- English (100%)
- Portuguese (100%)
- Italian (100%)
- German (100%)
- French (100%)
- Spanish (100%)
Special thanks to Admetes, Oliver, Kitsunebi, Dolmen and Vocesmambo for their help with translation! We're putting a call to everyone that feels he could help with further translating the mod - the work is quite interesting
Who's working on the add-on?
The main developers are Soltan Gris and Altiris. However, we've been getting a lot of precious help from people like Winter Dragon, Admetes and Montoto. Cudos to all of them
The .zip file contains all the files of the CLM. You must install the zzXLN_CLM_basebuildings and XLN_CLM_loc patches. Try to always keep the latest versions of these files to avoid conflicts. The other files are optional plug-ins, but note that they won't function without the main files. Enjoy.
WARNING: Whenever installing a new version of UIM, make sure you do it AS ADMINISTRATOR, and select Custom installation, checking CLM Support! In case you can't do that (Windows won't let you run as Administrator when you right-click on the MSI file), you'll need to download and install a small registry update, available on the UIM page.
Sometimes the UIM installation screw up and the Security layers don't work! To fix this, UNINSTALL UIM, and then REINSTALL it. Be sure to UNINSTALL first, because I've had reports that reinstalling over the old installation doesn't do the trick.
WARNING! If you decide to use the CLM versions of the Beach and Ski pack, please remove Pack Beach_Buildings.patch and ski residences.patch - their changes are already included in the new CLM packs! You must keep seaside residences.patch and also PackBeach Roads and Transitions - they make changes that aren't included in the CLM packs.
After installing CLM and starting for the first time your old big cities, you will notice abrupt changes in their economy!
Generally, Retail demand will skyrocket (especially if the city has lots of hotels); also, since some Retail buildings have been remade into Entertainment buildings, the general Retail supply might drop a bit (although not much - most buildings were T1). Also, 2 former Offices (one T2 and another T3) have been made Cultural Leisure - and you will surely have some of them in the city. Since they all cost the city money now, you'll take a hit in your budget, so you need to find and probably destroy some of them. Use the Leisure layer to track them down easily! From now on they won't spawn anymore into Office zones, just as the former Retail won't spawn anymore into Retail zones. However, you'll need to deal with the existing buildings.
Also, since some Leisure and many Retail buildings are now Entertainment (and thus produce Crime), you'll find that your city has quite a lot of crime now - be ready to deal with it! Once you figure out which buildings are dangerous (this is very easy, using the Security layer), you'll be able to delete them easily, if you choose.
Don't be scared - pausing the game will give you more than enough time to deal with the changes, if you know where to look.
- Installation Pre-requiste(s):
- XL Nation User Interface Mod
I will no longer be hosting XLNation as of March 1, 2017. Skullz613 will be taking the reigns of the site in early 2017 and XLNation will be moving to a new web hosting service. During that transition there will be an interruption in service of up to two weeks. Skullz613 is now a full administrator of XLNation. Be kind to him.
Changes The Crime and Leisure Add-on (CLM) v3.90
adds complex changes to the commercial aspect of Cities XL