This part of NEXL brings a brand new city transport network, inspired by what is considered a landmark of European cities - electrical vehicles moving on iron tracks in the middle of the streets. At a time when large oil-powered vehicles were still a luxury, and thus not an option for popular transport, these tram networks could be seen in most major cities not only in Europe, but also in the Americas.
Since 1980 trams have returned to favor in many places, partly because their tendency to dominate the roadway, formerly seen as a disadvantage, is now considered to be a merit. New systems have been built in the United States, Great Britain, Ireland, Australia, France and many other countries.
The Silesian Inter-urban in Poland and the Trams in Melbourne, Australia, are claimed to be the largest tram networks in the world. The longest single tram line in the world is the Belgian Coast tram, which runs almost the entire length of the Belgian coast. Other large systems include (but not limited to) Vienna , Budapest, Leipzig, Prague, Kiev, Turin, Milan, Warsaw, Amsterdam, Brussels, Zagreb, Zurich, Bucharest and Toronto.
The NEXL team brings you the Tram network - the third option for Mass transport in CXL. And just as Metro is vastly different from Bus, Trams are also vastly different from both. Check out their amazing features:
- A new Mass transit system, complete with its own icons, layers and separate section in the Mass Transit panel. You'll have available for trams the same info you could access for all other networks.
- A pack of brand-new roads with Tram tracks, useable in all locales! Check out all beautiful varieties the NEXL team has prepared for you! And even better - you don't need to destroy any existing roads to lay tram tracks on them - you can simply upgrade them!
- You're able to set tram lines the same way you would set Bus lines, but this time you can only run the lines on streets that have tram tracks. Plop down one of the two new Tram terminals to start the line, as if you were making a Bus line, then trace it along streets with tram tracks either back to the same terminal, or to another tram terminal.
- And the most amazing feature of all - Trams are run privately, and are not state-supported like other transport! Your city charges taxes on the tram companies, and you're free to elevate these taxes until your city is actually making money off transport! However, be aware that all tram terminals need Electricity to run, and if it is too expensive in the city (there's underproduction), you risk the Tram companies going bankrupt!
And of course, trams will reduce road congestion like all Mass transport. Their usage will be determined by the way you have laid the lines. There are again three possible tram sizes to choose from, each successive one having more capacity, but also costing more to run.
The tram network is the first of a series of ground-breaking new additions to the game that NEXL is bringing to you. Stay tuned for updates!
The zip file contains:
XLN_NEXL_Transport_Trams_V2.3.patch (The tram mod)
XLN_NEXL_Transport_Trams_UokiokBridges_v1.0 (Trams for Uokiok bridges)
Make sure you have the latest XLNation User Interface Mod installed.
Download the .zip file. Unzip it and copy the patch files into your game's Paks\Mods folder.
Network Expansion XL Team Members: Altiris, Monty, Mr-Tom, Pharmist
- Installation Pre-requiste(s):
- XLNation User Interface Mod by Altiris
If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.Dismiss Notice
If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.
If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.Thanks to a large donation, (Thanks again xSchmitterSx) the donation ending date has been pushed out.Dismiss Notice
There's no panic to donate for a while but feel free if you still want to contribute
NEXL Trams 2.3
It's time for the first major addition to Cities XL's transport system - the Tram.