Update February 2016 - PLEASE READ INSTALLATION NOTES.
- CitiesXL 2011
- CitiesXL 2012
- CitiesXL Platinum
Gateway Arch is included but not shown in the pictures.
Change log 1.2:
Class files from Mr.X²'s no collision box fix were added to this patch to prevent crashes when Mr.X2_UrbanEmbellishmentPackII-NoCollisionAddon_V1.0.patch is deleted from the mods folder.
Thanks to Mr X² for providing them.
- Fully working with XL and XXL
- Animated fountains with water particles.
- All items merged into a single object with lods, now you'll see the whole object while placing it. Technically they should perform better.
- Collision box removed. Place on flat terrain!
- New rendered nightlights for most of them.
- New menu location Decoration/Landmark (same as UEP III)
Delete the UEP II patches from your mods folder (10 patch files).
Delete Urban Embellishment Pack II - No Collision Addon 1.0 by Mr.X² from your mods folder if you have it installed, it's these have no collision and both mods are incompatible.
You don't have to delete the old ones from your city before updating, after placing the new patch file your city should load normally and the updated models will appear instead.
1. You must install the prerequisite mods before intalling this mod.
2. Always level the terrain before placing the non-square based items.
3. Usually the statues and other monuments are divided in base (building) and sculpture (furniture), so part of the monument will not appear until the game loads the furnitures.
4. There are no huge texture maps or astronomical polycount on these objects, but if you play with low setting or on a low end machine don't get crazy placing hundreds of them al over the map. The polycount and texture maps are reasonable to give a nice detail level without affecting performance.
5. These object have a limited park effect depending on their size and characteristics.
6. You can find them in the decorations menu.
Special thanks to: lmiguel, for testing the mods, Banib3, Nicko2u, Alex24, and others for support and suggestions.
Very special thanks to Altiris, for helping me, sharing his knowledge and custom shaders to make things work
Gateway Arch (Saint Louis, MO - United States.)
A 192 meters high steel arch.
Leonardo da Vinci Monument (Milan, Italy)
A monument located near Vittorio Emanuele's gallerie, in Milan.
George Washington Statue (New York, NY - United States)
A sculpture of G. Washington similar to the one located in Wall Street.
Vittorio Emanuele monument (Milan, Italy)
An equestrian monument.
Gloria Victis Fountain (Nowhere)
A big round fountain with a "glory to the vanquished" themed sculpture in the center.
Michelangelo's David (Firenze, Italy)
The famous statue of David.
Rotonda de los jaliscienses ilustres/Jalisco Rotunda of Illustrious (Guadalajara, Mexico)
A rotunda that commemorates and holds the rests of many illustrious people born in that city.
Giuseppe Garibaldi Monument (Milan, Italy)
Neptune Fountian (Nowhere)
A fountain inspired by Bologna's Neptune fountain.
Fonte Luminosa (Lisbon, Portugal)
A big monument with a fountain and many sculptures.
- Installation Pre-requiste(s):
- XL Nation User Interface Mod by Altiris
Shader Pack by Altiris
I will no longer be hosting XLNation as of March 1, 2017. Unless some one steps forward to take over the domain name and provide hosting XLNation will shutdown. If you are seriously interested in taking on this project and can technically and financially support the project please contact me.
Ploppables Urban Embellishment Pack Vol. II XXL-XL 1.2
- Updated to avoid crashes after deleting no collision box fix. Feb 18, 2016
- Update February 2016 Feb 17, 2016