For Beginners users 3ds Max, I suggest a script that will simplify the work from sub-objects, for polygonal modeling.
- Game Version:
- Cities XL 2012
- Cities XXL 2015
- Cities XL 2009 - 2011
- Cities XL Platinum
- Cities: Skylines
This is a freeware script. FB Sub-Obj Pivot is a modeling script for 3ds max that lets you pick a subobject and align a pivot to it specifically to alter geometry along arbitrary axes for hardsurface or organic modeling.
How to Use:
1. Select a mesh or poly sub-object (vert,edge,face).
2. Run the script to align either a Working Pivot or the Object Pivot to it as defined in the image below.
3. Run the script again to return to your previous pivot.
1. Drop this .mcr file into ProgramFiles/3dsMaxXXXX/ui/macroscripts, for later versions ProgramFiles/3dsMaxXXXX/macroscripts.
2. Then start 3ds max.
3. Will appear in the 'Funky Tools' category in Customize User Interface.
Works in versions 2012-2018.
Download page on the official website
If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.Dismiss Notice
If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.
If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.Its becoming harder each month to keep this site floating on the web. As Adsense money is now four months apart, I'm covering the rest of the monthly bills.Dismiss Notice
There's been a handful of donations which help a little but more regular donations are needed if this site is to stay alive.
I know it's tough for everyone but if you can spare a little it would be awesome.
P.S. Big huge thanks to the last donations. It was a big help for this month.
Tutorial Working pivot toggle for sub-objects 1.0
Working pivot toggle for sub-objects in 3ds Max