For Beginners users 3ds Max, I suggest a script that will simplify the work from sub-objects, for polygonal modeling.
- Game Version:
- Cities XL 2012
- Cities XXL 2015
- Cities XL 2009 - 2011
- Cities XL Platinum
- Cities: Skylines
This is a freeware script. FB Sub-Obj Pivot is a modeling script for 3ds max that lets you pick a subobject and align a pivot to it specifically to alter geometry along arbitrary axes for hardsurface or organic modeling.
How to Use:
1. Select a mesh or poly sub-object (vert,edge,face).
2. Run the script to align either a Working Pivot or the Object Pivot to it as defined in the image below.
3. Run the script again to return to your previous pivot.
1. Drop this .mcr file into ProgramFiles/3dsMaxXXXX/ui/macroscripts, for later versions ProgramFiles/3dsMaxXXXX/macroscripts.
2. Then start 3ds max.
3. Will appear in the 'Funky Tools' category in Customize User Interface.
Works in versions 2012-2018.
Download page on the official website