This is the XL Nation UI Mod. It can be used standalone, and adds quite a lot of extra menu items. It will be a prerequisite to installing NEXL components.
- CitiesXL 2011
- CitiesXL 2012
- CitiesXL Platinum
It will be updated often, as nexl, clm or any other mod using this menu develops. Please check often for updates, and ensure you have the latest version.
Big Thanks to Pharmist, User and Mr-Tom, for all their help in creating this mod and HyperWolf for providing this awesome site for us all. Also I'd like to thank the NEXL beta team for testing and helping out with issues, and of course the entire XLNation community, Modders and Gamers alike, for your support and for downloading this Mod.
Here's a great little promo video created by diScOpOlis.
Please try it out, and let me know of any issues, I will fix them and post updates often.
Known Conflicts, Please remove:
"YY_mod_carte_vierge.patch" -- incompatible with both UIM and Cities XL2012, please remove.
The Installer will override these now, but it's recommended to remove them anyway.
4. hwolf_parkingpak_v1.patch - Replace with Parking Pack Version 2 or just"hw_parkingpack_2012.patch" if you wish to keep the old carparks too.
New version uploaded. v1.79.9
-Added PostalService Layer
-Added RailLineBridge Style Tags x10
New version uploaded. v1.79.8
-Added Style Tags for Radolph Monorail bridges
-Increase Maximum Maps from 100 to 200
New version uploaded. v1.79.7
-Added the Style Tags for Bridge Challenge
New version uploaded. v1.79.6
-Actually added the HarborXL buttons this time.
New version uploaded. v1.79.5
- HarborXL Pack buttons added.
-Added the ability to switch road types via the cheat menu.
New version uploaded. v1.79.3
- Fixed the NEXL ferry crash finally! thanks Preyfr
- EXE installer created for windows 8
New version uploaded. v1.79.2
- Fixed the conflict with the Platinum "Individual Placement Button" fix.
- Adjust tracks for the NEXL freight trains.
New version uploaded. v1.79.1
- Added the interface script fixes from CitiesXL Platinum
- Updated Outgame Menu screen for Platinum.
- Added Bridge tags for Asterian (StylePromBridge1-6 & StyleHXLBridge1-6)
New version uploaded. v1.79.0
- New Zone tools added for Las Vegas Mansion pack - Aitortilla01 (Must have the las vegas mansion pack installed also)
New version uploaded. v1.78.8
- Added "Australian Roads" Requires the Aus Road patch to be enabled though
- StyleRural & StyleRural2 tags added - Alex24
New version uploaded. v1.78.5
- changed the MSI so it writes the installdir to the registry, the next version will then use this path as default, so running a new installer will default to the previously installed location.
New version uploaded. v1.78.4
- More French localization added - thanks PreyFR60
- UIM version added to "goto website" menu on main screen. - requires MSI version to work properly
- PackEgypt added - FunkyMonk
New version uploaded. v1.78.3
- Upgrade tags added for PJC Tenement Project
- new ferry icons - thanks Montoto_sk
- train track added back in for old beta train patch.
New version uploaded. v1.78.2
- "Airplane" tag added to upgrade script. - br41ns70rm
- Extra tags added for Bridge Pack - Uokiok
New version uploaded. v1.78.1
- Simtracks adjusted for NEXL bicycle mod
- additions to train code.
- code fix for "SetHintOnDisabledCMSizeButton" crash.
New version uploaded. v1.78.0
- removed the "companies" panel, I was going to fix it up, but i prob won't now and it just looks horrible.
New version uploaded. v1.77.9
- Added a heap more "upgrade" tags, check the list below
- script fix for adding UIM maps to CXL 2011
- heap more code added for better managment of carparks (auto taxed on congestion\usage)
this code is not yet enabled, also it should allow tollbooths to generate an income based on traffic throughput.
- more code added for ferry and trains (also not yet enabled)
- maybe some more stuff I've forgotten, it's been a while since the last update.
New version uploaded. v1.77.8
- Added "Bench Lamp Trash" furniture upgrade tags
New version uploaded. v1.77.7
- Fixed the map issue, where only 1 could be added at once, I tested adding 8 at one time.
- Slots will now show correctly for custom maps when returning to planet screen.
- added School_1 layer to security combination for CLM - see Soltan Gris and CLM page for info.
- various script fixeschanges for ferry system.
- complete ICE Validation.
- Script fix to support cxl2011. (XLNUIM Flag)
- New Button images added - Thanks again User!!
- simtracks adjustments for Ski Pack Enhancer.
- Pack tags added to upgrade table and scripts adjusted.
- additional layer code to support the nexl waterway patch.
- routes.cfg removed and put in waterway patch.
- Citylink building selection script adjusted for intercity_sea.
- "Full Unlock Building" in cheats menu will now remove all construction menu restrictions.. Unlock ALL buildings.
- Removed Various Bug Fixes, (buildings not connected to city hall). to be included elsewhere in a fix patch.
- Upgrade tags UP_1-30 now more versatile.
- 500 thumbnail option. (not installed by default)
- Nature Layer Display fixed.
- Various Bug Fixes, (buildings not connected to city hall). (installed by default)
- Added new DemographyCLM layers. CLM, Soltan Gris
- Adjusted RLEI_1 internal price from 10 to 15. CLM, Soltan Gris
- added Highway, allow intersection.
- added "Fence" furniture tag, EG Farm Fence
- Furniture Upgrade table added for new furniture tags. - Discopolis
- Added HarborXL pack button, submenu still to be done. -- HarborXL, Asterian
- Private Firm Building Selection will now list all negative effects. - CLM, Soltan Gris
- Negative effect, Crime added to the Construction Menu Tooltip. - CLM, Soltan Gris
- Added toggle option for FastWayBuildingBridge. - RHM, Pity
- FastWayDeco Button renamed to FastwayDecoration. - RHM, Pity
- added sampling layers and adjusted simtracks for train animations. - NEXL
- Fixed PackResidence zones not appearing in the Construction Panel. (added Europe and Asia)
- Added button to show/hide building selection upgrades.
- Adjusted DensityKeyLocTable for T4 building upgrades.
- Added HighWay Bridge and interchange Class files, for correct menu placement.
- Included MSNOCOLLISION version of Highway interchanges (optional feature). -- Thanks User!!
- Added FastWayDeco Button - Pity, RHM
- Updated MSI to detect Cities XL 2011\2012 Installation folder.
- Average Usage for Bus and Tram rounded to 2 decimals.
- Building Upgrade script fix for, CLM.
- Changed "Individual Placement" mode to place the actual model rather than a zone placeholder.
- Added Bulldozer and Terraform to Custom Building Sets.
Any building with "T1" tag (excluding packs) out of the following tags will always show "T2" buildings of the same tag.
Any building with "BuildingUpgrade" tag (including packs) out of the following tags will always show buildings of the same tag. Use tags "UP_1" - "UP_30" to group them.
Any building with "BuildingUpgrade" tag and "Furniture" tag out of the following tags will always show buildings of the same tag. Use tags "UP_1" - "UP_30" to group them.
Also adding "Furniture" tag will remove most of the information from the selection panel, it will just show name and upgrades.
List of Included Files.
Package report found below
New Menu Button Tags.
adding NOZAC to your class file tags will stop it appearing in zones, or being placed with a zone placeholder, this way you can still leave eg, "Residence", "T#", etc.
and it will be in the correct menu, but only accessible when "Individual Placement" is on.
These are up for discussion (as is the rest of the UIM) and can be changed to any category that will be most used..
Custom Content Building Set - All usual tags, replace "MS18" with "MSCUSTOM"
Limitless construction Building Set - All usual tags, replace "MS18" with "MSNOCOLLISION"
Over Water Placement Building Set - All usual tags, replace "MS18" with "MSOVERWATER"
I'll do a complete tags list for the new Transport & Decoration panels soon......
Download Only the Latest Installer File listed below.. version 1.79.9
Advanced Users can now download the XLN_Altiris_UIM_v1.79.9.zip, this contains the UIM in .Patch format, if you use these, you'll have to sort out conflicts with tags etc yourself.
Double-click the file to execute the wizard.
Please be patient as the Installer searches for your default Cities XL Installation Path, it may take a minute or two. You will get a message when it finds it.
If it's not found, you will need to locate it manually.
Do Not install to the Paks folder. but to the "Cities XL (2011\2012)" folder.
For STEAM version on windows 7, the UIM install path will be something like:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\cities xl 2012"
If Cities XL is located the path will be shown, if it wasn't found, locate it here..
Wait for the installer to finish, and close the wizard.. it can be "uninstalled" by running the EXE again and choosing "remove", or from 'Programs and Features' in the control panel.
External Download Links:
Use either the Installer OR the Patch, NOT BOTH.
- Installation Pre-requiste(s):
- CitiesXL 2011
I will no longer be hosting XLNation as of March 1, 2017. Skullz613 will be taking the reigns of the site in early 2017 and XLNation will be moving to a new web hosting service. During that transition there will be an interruption in service of up to two weeks. Skullz613 is now a full administrator of XLNation. Be kind to him.Dismiss Notice
Dependency XL User Interface Mod 1.79.9
XL Nation User Interface Mod, adding a lot of extra menu items