1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

3ds max 2012 gone

Discussion in 'Modding Help Quarter' started by erico96, Apr 21, 2015.

1. erico96

erico96 Executive

So I had a great idea for a mod and thought that it was time to learn. But it turns out you can't get 3ds max 2012 from the Autodesk site anymore...
    M02UEDY.png

Anyone who knows where to find it?

2. Monty

Monty Governor

Yep. I noticed today too. You could try to get it from a torrent site. there aren't many options.

3. erico96

erico96 Executive

Hmm... Googling does not help much. Found a website with a torrent, but it looks pretty unreliable

4. Monty

Monty Governor

I can't post any link here, but look for the most popular ones.

5. mrmnts

mrmnts Skilled Worker

I downloaded the trial version of 2015 last week. You can save your files as previous versions of the software. I saved a test model as .fbx and then opened it with the cities xl viewer and it was ok, sort of... I'm not sure about textures though

6. Monty

Monty Governor

Yep, with the new Artist Tool it any .fbx should work. The problem is that I'm not sure if mods made with the new artist tool are compatible with previous CXL games. It's possible that you need to replace the new shaders in the folder for the old ones from the previous Artist Tool.

7. mrmnts

mrmnts Skilled Worker

This is the first time I tried to make a mod and I don't have much knowledge about game developing but, I think in the new version of 3ds max applying textures is more similar to the way it's done in Blender, with nodes. Actually, I was following Mr X2's tutorial series (let's start 3D moddeling...) and all the addons from cities xl are no longer in the software; I couldn't link it to the cxl viewer. I exported the file as .fbx, and then opened the file in the viewer. I think only the diffuse texture was there. It looked very flat. The materials editor is quite different; when I tried to add all the maps, I could no longer follow the tutorials properly at that stage. So I tried also Blender, and exporting the file as a .fbx doesn't seem to work either. XL viewer could not read it. Is it because blender uses cycles?

Mr.X² likes this.
  8. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

damm wonder when our max2012 copies will stop working. soon I presume!
    maybe Altris can do an update to get the custom layout addons/view tool working in either max 2014/2015 ?

Mr.X² likes this.
  9. Monty

Monty Governor

You can change the material editor back to the old compact one with spheres, from the modes menu

attachment.php?attachmentid=183085&stc=1&d=1312013019.jpg

Mr.X² likes this.
  10. CraCkeR JaCk

CraCkeR JaCk Elite

Wow and I just downloaded 3 year sub, 2 3dmax 12 two weeks ago, :whistle:

11. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

You can see when your version of max expires, under Help - About 3dMax

Seems they have extended expiry date, I have 277 days left on my version cool.

about.png

12. Merrilkl Maddox

Merrilkl Maddox Executive

I am going to start a new thread Called "3D Trial Mods". I will try and keep it up to date with everything I do.
    I will be using Blender, 3ds Max 2014 and 2015, and Sketchup, I may even give a go at Gmax, and Maya, to see if they will work.

I will be using Photoshop, Illustrator, Gimp, and few other graphic design programs to create textures.

Look for the thread here, in "Modding Help Quarter", and please help if you can.

Thanks all.

mrmnts likes this.
  13. Lokentaz

Lokentaz Governor

It's my turn. My 3ds max 2012 student version expires in three days. :cry:

14. secpol

secpol Governor

Ссылку на crack дать??? Как дети:D:D:D:D:D

15. Lokentaz

Lokentaz Governor

Sorry mate but I do not understand russian and Google translation is not powerful enough to translate it in understandable french or english.