1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

3ds Max 2012 or alternative?>

Discussion in 'Modding Help Quarter' started by brendonwright1989, Feb 6, 2017.

1. brendonwright1989

Hey all,

I'm shouting out to the community to help me. After years of playing the game I want to start modding. I think I can bring some cool buildings to XXL.
    However, Now that it is 2017, I am finding it near impossible to find the resources I need in order to start.

I have read most tutorials & I don't want to be directed to them again as it becomes mind boggling.

From what I believe, i need 3DS Max 2012 version (along with other things) - 2012 version currently not available on the student download site and all links to get this "elsewhere" are dodgy and/or dead. Is there SOME WAY I can not use this program AT ALL, or can I obtain it somewhere.

If I don't need it, and have missed that, is someone able to provide a list of software I need to obtain (again I read a tutorial on this that explains what I need, however being a 2014 tutorial, I need to make sure everything is still the same)

I even went to purchase 3DS Max 2012 online, however I only found '3DS Max Design 2012' which I am unsure if this is legit or works? Again, this was on a site that could be a dead end, costing $300AU for nothing and/or scam.

Anyway, if y'all want to help out, I'll try my best to deliver some awesome mods to XXL !!!

Please :) and thank you.

2. OmniBLACK

OmniBLACK Elite

I would politely ask Monty for a copy of 3ds max 2012 as he helped me out with obtaining it a while back.
    And good luck to you in your modeling/modding endeavors

3. secpol

secpol Governor

@!brendonwright1989, скачал Max 2012 или а Австралии ходят по домам и проверяют лицензию Autodesk?)))