1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Cities XXL A few questions about mddeling in W11

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by axel, Mar 9, 2024.

1. axel

axel Governor

I have some technical questions about making mods with Windows 11 and 3DS Max 2022/2023/24

I make the mods with 3ds max 2012 and in the 3ds max 2012 I have the viewer and the layout file creator
    what about if you work with 3ds max 2022,23 and 24 what should i use then?
    because the layout file creator and viewer are both for 2012 and this also applies to the furniture pack

So how can i make mods with new version 3ds max and on Windows 11

I've played XXL via steam in the past but it only gave me problems, is there a way or does anyone have the CitiesXXL ArtistSuiteSetup.10.4.0.15 or can it be downloaded somewhere? i have a version XXL on my pc but i cant find CitiesXXL ArtistSuiteSetup.10.4.0.15 on it

If anyone could help me with this it would be great, otherwise I'm afraid I won't be able to make new mods

Excuse the title, it should be Modeling

2. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I just looked into my steamapps\common\Cities XXL folder and theres a ArtistSuiteSetup.10.4.0.15.exe file. Is your version of XXL the steam version?

Heres the file if you need it anyway

163.47 MB file on MEGA

axel likes this.
  3. axel

axel Governor

Hi buddy,
    ooooh great thank you buddy, I first had a Steam version but I only had problems with it, someone gave me a version with an ISO attached to it that does not work via Steam and I have never had any problems with this version. only this version does not contain an Artist Suite setup tool

Now I have a new computer with windows 11 and 3ds max 2012 cannot handle this well so I have to have another 3ds max and with W11 only 3ds max 2022,23 and 24 runs on W11
    this also applies for the layout file creator and viewer for they only work on 3ds max 2012,That's why I'm so happy with the ArtistSuiteSetup tool, I just need to learn how it works. Then I'll keep making mods for everyone.
    Thank you again, I really appreciate this

skullz613 likes this.
  4. axel

axel Governor

Hi mates,

I'm sorry but I have a few more questions
    I have installed the ArtistSuiteSetup tool, i see the artist tool suite (I know this tool from the viewer in 3dsmax 2012) and i see the build control, this tool i dont know? any one knows wat the Build control is for?
    And in 3ds max i used the file layout creator for the plug and junction, what replaces this now?

and is there a description or a tutorial somewhere?

Cheers (y)

5. axel

axel Governor

Hi community
    Any one ever worked with ArtistSuiteSetup tool, Is there a description or tutorial somewhere?

6. axel

axel Governor

Any one please?