1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

CJ Achillius

ancient european city, an ongoing journal

1. kipate

kipate Governor

Love that update about the tramremise!
    The Harbour Quarter looks quite good, too. Just that residential high-rise looks a bit boring.
    But besides this, it is truly lovely!

2. dlimpens

dlimpens Executive

thanx, During time building and developpers of cities in real life make mistakes...In a lot of cities are ugly buildings or nice buildings on wrong places.
    I have some principles during building. I decides to build the Harbor on this place and the first building I build was this residential building and it looked oke. The building was there for several month - I build other parts of the city, but not the Harbor. One of the principles is that I do not demolish buildings that I already build with a reason. Sometime I build buildings in the middle of nowhere on the map - and I have to fit them in...
    I Think when I start on the other side of the river with more modern parts of the city, this tower will be the connection between the old city and the new one.....If later on it`s realy ugly - I still can demolish it... Near the station are more modern buildings....

3. kipate

kipate Governor

I did not say it would look ugly ;)
    And yeah, I understand your reasoning (y)

4. mariolega

mariolega Vagabond

Awesome! Just a perfect medieval city. Congratulations and thanks for sharing it!