1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Aitortilla01 Projects - old models upgrades (14.04.16)

Discussion in 'Projects' started by aitortilla01, Jan 31, 2015.

?

Arab Pack or Hong Kong Pack?

Poll closed Jan 11, 2016.
  1. Arab Pack

35 vote(s)
    60.3%
  2. Hong Kong Pack

23 vote(s)
    39.7%
  1. royb 98

royb 98 Elite

I think I have it, I'll try to upload it tomorrow if there hasn't been an update yet.

Radiant Dawn likes this.
  2. royb 98

royb 98 Elite

3. aitortilla01

aitortilla01 Governor

gamescreen0157.jpg

Coming very soon!

Ernest007, veija2, Peter912 and 8 others like this.
  4. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

5. Kitsunebi

Kitsunebi Governor

It's gonna be AWESOME :)

6. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

Very promissing Aitortilla. Wonderfull mood in that pic!

7. aitortilla01

aitortilla01 Governor

Ok so I finally had some time to take a look at my old files.

I am currently upgrading some of my older models. In some cases, just a small change in the texture maps, brighter night lights or better LOD work. In other cases, I have improved the rooftops. I have also redone a couple of models from scratch, like the John Hancock Center or the Miami Tower.

Unfortunately I seem to have lost the .3ds files of the Library Tower, 777 Tower and 801 Tower. Too bad, as I had in mind improvements in the rooftops and other minor upgrades. They have still been improved over their previous versions, just not as much as I wanted to.

Additionally, I have finished the LOD 4 for three office buildings I released unofficially some time ago.

I will probably work on a few more models over the next days and weeks. I would also like to redo the Las Vegas McMansion Pack, as the models looked very nice but the triangle count was way too high and they caused lag in the game.

Stay tuned!

gamescreen0172.jpg
    gamescreen0174.jpg gamescreen0181.jpg gamescreen0184.jpg

8. Dreian

Dreian Moderator
    Staff Member

More mansions!!!! YEAH!!!!

You also did axed the Sunset District houses... by mistake... :)) Get them an other chance! :)

9. OmniBLACK

OmniBLACK Elite

The last three models look new to me. very well done also... And I remember that hotel being a Washington DC building? Wish there was more DC buildings.

10. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

Great news Aitortilla. If you ever find the time and motivation, maybe you could take a look at the unfinished mods pack. The harbour ones were amazing but there was some strange behaviour with some of them once atached to a road. Well this is just an idea. harbour possibilities would be very much enhanced...

Myname likes this.
  11. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Is that where some of the base would disappear?

12. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

Actually the problem was something appearing. Whenever i tried to place the "seawall" attached to a road it would make a corner and extend it 90 degrees into land, meaning it woulg go above the road. Also, some of the pirces take ages to grow when placed and to disappear once deleted.

kipate likes this.
  13. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Yeah I had that problem once with the angle piece

14. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

Cool, as I requested. None of the original models worked with XXL anyways. My game kept on crashing every time I'd try to place any one of those models. Looking forward to it.

metrocity345 likes this.
  15. Monty

Monty Governor

Hey, nice job with those updates!

About your lost 3d models, you can use ninja ripper to rip the geometry and textures of a model loaded in the viewer. The downside it's that you lose the 2nd uv channel and you have to scale back to their real dimensions. But well, it's something.

Old mods using the old shader may work in XXL by using this patch
    MEGA

16. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

How is this mod coming along?

17. aitortilla01

aitortilla01 Governor

thank you I saw this post late; I tried the ninja ripper before, I remember that you mentioned it once long time ago, but I'm not smart enought to understand how it works... oh well, I have my limits.

18. Monty

Monty Governor

It's fairly simple, here the steps:
    1. Get the latest version from here: Скачать Ninja Ripper
    2. Unzip the folder, it doesn't need to be installed.
    3. It comes in two versions, x64 and x86 depending if the exe file of the app you want to rip is x64 or x86.
    4. Run NinjaRipper.exe inside the x86 folder.
    5. Click on the [...] to select the exe file, that would be the viewer.exe inside 3ds Max folder.
    6. Check in Settings what's the key to rip "ALL".
    7. Click on RUN, the viewer will launch.
    8. Load the sgbin file you want to rip.
    9. Press the key to rip ALL ( I think it's F7 by default, but not sure, check the settings). The viewer may freeze for a second, that's a sign that it's actually ripping the model.
    10. Open 3ds max, go to Scripting menu, click on Run script. Look up for the script inside the unzipped ninja ripper folder, it's called ninja_ripper_import_1.3.ms. This will pop up:
    [​IMG]
    You can either select group or single. It's very common to find it has ripped several times the same model, it also rips things you don't need. So look up for the file that has a larger size, it usually is the model's file. You can either import a single file by selecting it, if you're sure which file is the one you want, or you can import groups. To import groups, select the output folder (by default is inside the app exe folder, in a folder called _ninja_ripper or something like that) then in Rip File numbs enter the number of files you want to import, for example if you want to import the files 5 to 10, enter 0005-0010, then click on import and it will import them into 3ds max. The scale is totally fucked up and the 2uv map is lost, but at least you can get your model and textures back.

Immort_al and Mr.X² like this.
  19. aitortilla01

aitortilla01 Governor

o_O ok no excuse to try it next time

thanks!

kipate likes this.
  20. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

Any updates? How's it been going?

Ernest007 likes this.