1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Aitortilla01 Projects - old models upgrades (14.04.16)

Discussion in 'Projects' started by aitortilla01, Jan 31, 2015.

?

Arab Pack or Hong Kong Pack?

Poll closed Jan 11, 2016.
  1. Arab Pack

35 vote(s)
    60.3%
  2. Hong Kong Pack

23 vote(s)
    39.7%
  1. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

they look awesome, please release them - hell we could say the same about rich buildings! a building is a building has nothing to do with being racist.

2. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

Yep, this will be very welcome. Nothing insensitive about it.
    As a journalist, i feel showing the real world is a step into changing it?

Ernest007 and Costanza like this.
  3. josepablosevilla

josepablosevilla Skilled Worker

Me siento muy bien mod le dará un toque de realidad a las ciudades, pero necesitamos más Europa o América para construir hermosas ciudades históricas hermosos edificios.

4. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

Hi Artortilla, for this pack i would suggest no road connection needed.
    And yes, they are very welcome to the game.

5. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Unskilled Worker

Slum districts are the reality of most developing world cities. It's not insensitive, so go for it.

6. royb 98

royb 98 Elite

That's the ugliest pack I've seen so far... I like it ;)

The Funky Monk likes this.
  7. Pepino

Pepino Mayor

Could that be a plaza (like the container warehouse area)? I know it wouldn't help the game dynamics, but would make building much easier.

8. Peter912

Peter912 Elite

Yes, yes, YES :D:D...one of my 2 mod dreams just came true, wow Ait you are awesome (y)
    About the morality - I dont think its immoral - poverty sadly exists and thats the truth.

9. wallmi2012

wallmi2012 Vagabond

I agree I am one to try to make things as real as possible. It never matters what you do your buildings are amazing. Not everyone will be happy but I personally have downloaded every mod you have contributed to the community. Keep up the good work

10. viperszn

viperszn Skilled Worker

This pack is awesome. I really like it. I want to use it in my future cities

11. sgon

sgon Skilled Worker

génial!!!!!!

12. wildii

wildii Governor

I am looking forward to the "slum-pack". I`ve been waiting for something like this in a long time and the screens of the mod look great. Too sensitive? - I call it a step towards realistic city building. Sadly, such extreme poverty exists.

13. fayeddd

fayeddd Governor

I want it so damn bad!! yeeeeiy finally!
    Btw, some of the roofs should have bright colors, indonesia is orange, malaysia is blue, vietnam is yellow n red ;)

14. sadiemydog

sadiemydog Executive

Yeahhh jeuj finally we have slums upcoming. These look nice for suburb area's aswell as city centre area's in tropical cities. They are 100% real , they exist allmost everywhere in the world exept: West-Europe , Scandinavia , USA , Canada , Japan , Korea , Australia and New Zealand. They look also great with agriculture like some villages in Zimbabwe and Rwanda. Its also nice for Haitian Cities and Maledives. However I personaly think there are to much gaps on this mod. I like them in more density and higher. However i'll give it a 9/10. +1 (y)(y)(y)(y) I really need them in my cities. So thanks! ;-) Best mod i've seen in a while.

15. Vladimir RA108

Vladimir RA108 Skilled Worker

I can't help waiting for slums, to call it literally! Unfortunately, some people in Russia observe such trouble too, but poverty makes it.

16. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

This is what I've been wanting for in the game the whole time, a fcking slum pack! :D
    Living in the Philippines where slums are still a common sight, I tend to build cities in a theme that it progresses dramatically from a poor city to a developed one, a transition which is happening over here right now in Cagayan de Oro City. For that, I always wanted slums to make the progress realistic.
    And I also agree with Fayed, in the Philippines many slum houses have a 'decayed' painting of bright brown on the roof.

Nevertheless, I now want this pack sooo badly! Thanks soooo much in advance for developing such a pack that will
    benefit me in building cities a lot! :D

17. Monty

Monty Governor

They look very good and I think a lot of players would love to use them in their cities. Either you're building a realistic city, a distopian city or an historical CJ showing developing they could be very useful.

Peter912, Pamascus27 and kipate like this.
  18. vallamir

vallamir Elite

I want it ^^ That's the mod I'm waiting for a long time !

Myname likes this.
  19. Aerosikth

Aerosikth Unskilled Worker

Those slums look amazing!

Very nice work, do want :)

20. aitortilla01

aitortilla01 Governor

Hi everyone!

I haven't forgotten about my current project. In fact, I have been using my free time to work on it intensively and as you have seen in the thread title, it has suffered a major change.

Now, if you played SC4 and you were at some point following the city journals at Simtropolis.com or SC4devotion.com you may have come across two of my journals there (btw my alias was derwilly back then!).

One was an attempt at recreating Jakarta, a city I lived in for a year and I love dearly:

Jakarta, Capital of Indonesia
    http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=5078.0

The other one was based more or less on a Bangkok type of city with floating markets and such. It was pretty neat, too:

Ong Bak
    http://community.simtropolis.com/topic/29646-ong-bak-time-for-dinner/

You will see that the links on many pics on the first pages are unactive but you can still find several pictures. It would make me happy if you checked those journals and give me your belated opinion! I have great memories of those journals!

So, back to 2015. My original slum pack has evolved into a full Jakarta Pack. What does this mean? it means that besides the slums I'm working on a residential + civic pack based on the architecture of Jakarta. This means a very particular type of housing: simple, tightly packed little houses with brown ceramic roofs, mixed with some slums here and there. You can see what I mean by looking at google maps here.

Maybe many of you won't find this residential pack as attractive, but if you see the history with asian cities and Jakarta you'll understand. Also, being able to recreate a city like Jakarta is quite a challenge for a modder.

Ok enough talking, let's see some pictures now:

4j6cg8.jpg
    zmick3.jpg
    2jb3cjp.jpg
    2uqcb3p.jpg
    13zpuf8.jpg
    2zxnzp5.jpg
    xdefj6.jpg
    2u8un1d.jpg
    x6n7tz.jpg
    b9g5xs.jpg

Note: all models will have a small collision box by default and I will also include a slum plaza. Unfortunately the plaza does not look as good as I wanted to so it will be a very basic filler.

More info soon...