1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Audio Extraction From Youtube Videos

Discussion in 'XLN Watering Hole' started by skullz613, Sep 13, 2014.

1. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I've been listening to a fair bit of dubstep and found a ton of videos on YouTube. I wanted the audio and remembered a site I used a while ago. It converts them really quick.

http://www.listentoyoutube.com/index.php

The bitrate is usually 256kbs which is pretty good.

Hope this site is handy for some of you.
    My Dubstep collection has grown huge using this tool.

2. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

A 40yr old listening to dubstep. Unheard of.:LOL:

Thanks for the tip though man, that's pretty handy.

3. KevinTheCynic

KevinTheCynic Executive

This one's handy as well (although it can get a little fussy at times, it's realy quick with the conversion)
    http://www.video2mp3.net/

By the way, I'm a year off 50 and I listen to dubstep (as well as a lot of other stuff that the stereotype says i shouldn't hehehe) :p

4. snick

snick Moderator
    Staff Member

Wow, that seems almost too good to be true.

Thanks for the links!

5. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I've been into electronic music since the 90's. It started with really weird stuff I would hear on a campus radio station. Next was techno which lead to numerous amounts of raves :) I came across dubstep when I was listening to drum and bass.
    I'm also still listening to the bands I started listening to when I was 16 (Slayer, Overkill etc...)

The Funky Monk likes this.
  6. KevinTheCynic

KevinTheCynic Executive

I got started on the path to dubstep by a mate from my last year in high school... in 1982 :eek:
    He introduced me to Gary Numan, Joy Division and New Order. Gary Numan and New Order nudged me into the house/techno scene during the 90s. By the 2000s that had pushed me into bands like KMFDM (after they'd reformed in 2002) and from there it lead onto some tribal industrial/power noise groups like This Morn' Omina and from there onto dubstep.

I listen to a decent variety of music, some of it influenced by my parents (acts like Buddy Holly, Herman's Hermits, The Doors, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix and The Rolling Stones but also classical pieces from Beethoven, Handel, Mozart, Tchaikovsky and Mendelssohn... yeah, yeah I know, it doesn't fit the stereotype but I like it anyway!) and a lot of it from my own time listening to the radio and TV in the 70s & 80s and stuff I'd hear at parties and clubs during the 80s & 90s.
    But I've also got into some of the late 2000s rock, heavy rock & metal bands from Japan and Eastern Europe because they really belt out the tunes and at heart, I love me some guitar and drums like they did in the 60s-80s period and lots of current Western "rock" bands are wimpy to the point of piss-weak (I'm looking right at you Nickelback) or too nerdy & and oh so precious (I'm looking at you Metallica).

Sheesh I can dribble on at time but I do love music so yeah, I tend to rave on about it a bit :LOL:

7. Alex24

Alex24 Moderator
    Staff Member

8. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Just want to add that if you use the one I posted, it's roughly every third conversion that they add the line Download with accelerator and get recommendation offers
    Make sure you un-tick the box. I missed it at one point and ESET Smart Security screamed at me.

9. KevinTheCynic

KevinTheCynic Executive

Ahh, okay. Nasty!
    That's what I like about www.video2mp3.net/ It does nothing except convert to mp3 (well, most of the time, there's s few video formats it doesn't convert)