1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Banished -- Shining Rock Software

Discussion in 'XLN Watering Hole' started by KevinTheCynic, Sep 26, 2014.

1. AzemOcram

AzemOcram Executive

First off, Banished 1.0.5 will soon be released. It is currently being Beta tested, with Windows 10 bugs being ironed out (all other bugs reported have already been squashed).

Second of all, Colonial Charter 1.6: The Forge Awakens is in the late Beta testing stage (the mod is stable but it only works with the beta version, so it will need to be updated when 1.0.5 stable is released, they plan on adding some new starting conditions to 1.6.1)

Furthermore, I was gifted a model of Elizabeth Tower, the clock tower with Big Ben and I managed to optimize it slightly but I had to remake a model with 2388 triangles (then shrink it down to 50% scale) instead of 21599 because the full size towers over everything else and has far too complex geometry (ruining frame rates, stability, and general performance).

Lastly, I remade all my building models from scratch in order to give them all a consistent scale with vanilla Banished (when they used to be far too short) and made completely new models in the process. Now I only need to make 2 models and texture them all.

Render of all the models:
    Yp6n3gj.png