1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

CJ Bay City

City Of No Limits

1. Inan

Inan Governor

Thank you!
    This game indeed needs more abandoned buildings and slums in US-Style or India-Style like in Dharavi, Mumbai. This would give good realism-possibilities to the game, i think. So i'm keen on your pack, Pamascus :)

2. Inan

Inan Governor

Inan updated Bay City with a new update entry:

Aerials Part 1

Read the rest of this update entry...

3. kipate

kipate Governor

Hey, that looks nice!
    Really some very good photos!
    At some parts I though don't know whether
    I like the composition of the buildings.
    It starts with the first photo...
    You have industry and offices within the same street,
    not even 500 metres apart. And those offices could form a sub-central
    CBD, but you put some rather peripheral high tech industry buildings next to them.
    The same for the elite residentials in the environment.
    Despite all the brilliance and awesomeness you put into the rest of the city,
    some parts look a bit unplanned...

4. Inan

Inan Governor

Thank you for representing your point of view! I however like it the way it is actually. It shows the city isn't planned, the city has grown. When i was in the U.S. 2 years ago, i nevertheless have seen such parts with warehouses, some even with chimneys and offices along the main streets. Residentials also were close to them. So even if you don't like it, it's realistic imo. Thanks again for taking care of Bay City!

5. kipate

kipate Governor

Maybe I should make some more holidays then,
    or well, maybe I at first should take holidays at all,
    haven't been out of town for years :D

6. Lukaz

Lukaz Unskilled Worker

please tell me how are u abel to build all these with all the damn laggs ? im in love with ur city... soo far this is my favorite, really amazing job u did there, continue :D

7. Inan

Inan Governor

Oh, Thank you! The city actually is too big for the games performance. The lag is huge of course. Let's say it works...
    Thanks for your nice words :)

8. Lukaz

Lukaz Unskilled Worker

yeah
    but i really wonder how u went through it... really amazing city very realistic, i wish i could build one like yours some day :)

9. Inan

Inan Governor

10. jerry1212

jerry1212 Vagabond

hi
    beautiful work
    i am new
    its possible download this city?
    thanks

11. Inan

Inan Governor

Hello!
    Thank you! :)
    I'm afraid it's not possible to share. There is no way for me uploading the files, you'll also have to use the same paks folder as i do...

12. Inan

Inan Governor

I'm pleased Bay City got so many votes till now. It's a nice acknowledgement for all the hours of work. It's hard to take new pictures of the city. It's just to big for the game, no technical tricks are working anymore. Tha game crashes often, especially when taking pics on groundlevel. I need a lot of patience just for making a few pictures. There are a lot of possible views left of course due to the city size, but i have to filter out some nice perspectives the game acceps without crashing.

Thank you so far! Stay tuned! :)

13. Inan

Inan Governor

14. kipate

kipate Governor

Awesome update!
    Very good looking CBD, nice composition of skyscrapers,
    and that little channel :drool:
    Just I wonder why you did use this huge cathedral in an area with just small buildings?

15. Inan

Inan Governor

Thanks!

There is the CBD right beside St. Patricks cathedral, but yes, maybe there is a better location for that building in this city. I actually don't like the area of the original (Midtown NYC).

16. delaybrick

delaybrick Vagabond

Nice city! I have seen many city journals and there is a thing that I have been wondering: how do people build bridges that split smoothly? In "overlooking Elmond", the second picture, at the bottom, features an elevated highway with two one lane ramp connecting to it. In "Elmond view to downtown", near the bottom of the first picture, it can be seen more clearly that the highway interchanges with a ground-level road with four ramps coming from the highway. How is that done?

17. Inan

Inan Governor

Hello!
    I think i know what you mean. This is actually a easy thing to do with Realistic Highway Mod.
    1. Build the elevated highway.
    2. Snap the ramp-part in correct direction to the highway.
    3. Place a normal road a few meters away from the ramps. Be sure to place the road wide enough, so you can pull down the exit from the highway part to the street/pull up the entrance from the street to the highway part. For those ramps choose the one-lane-highway-bridge. Take care you have the correct ramp-part, otherwise you aren't able to snap to the ramp-part.
    4. Same thing in the other direction.

For example you also can place the normal street first, then the ramp-parts and the highway at the very last. It's your choice. Or more highway lanes of course. Just be sure you have enough space between the ramp-part of the highway and the normal street. And note, you pull down/pull up the ramps in the correct direction.

Hope i could help. Otherwise ask again :)

18. delaybrick

delaybrick Vagabond

Thanks for the fast response!
    I don't really get it. Which type of highway did you use? For me the Small Avenue Bridges don't fit with the connectors. I did manage to do it with Road Bridges but they're only 2 lanes so I can't make X interchanges and after the split they become 1 lane again.
    I don't have no experience, so I really appreciate your help (y)

19. Inan

Inan Governor

20. delaybrick

delaybrick Vagabond

I actually have the mod before you said, but as said, the Small Avenue Bridges don't fit with the connectors.