1. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Please see the following thread for more information
    XLN's future is looking bad

Big Harbor Has An Annoying "x"

Discussion in 'Game Play Support' started by Atheos Lloren, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Atheos Lloren

Atheos Lloren Vagabond

My big harbor has an X floating over it but it's working fine. I'm wondering why this is and is there a workaround? Please someone let me know. Thanks.

2. kipate

kipate Governor

You need to put a waterway from the harbour to the end of the map,
    then you have a connection to the outside and hence you get passengers.

3. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

I need a little help here. I have never placed a freight harbor in my life .

So I placed the harbor, ran a waterway as close as it would allow and still it looks like this. There is actually a little X over the ship but for some reason it does not show up here on photo

cxl_screenshot_white salmon_12.jpg

4. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

Does that mean you can't make that waterway(the thick blue line) pass by the harbour? Because I think it has to pass by the harbour to function properly, I can recall doing that with my other city and it worked. Please correct me if I'm wrong. :)

5. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

If you click on the harbour you will see two blue dots, this is where you connect your waterway. Then drag it to the edge of the map.

6. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

OH I see. :)

7. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

I was wrong actually. Here are some pics.

Click on the building and you will see the yellow box, that's where you will connect your shipping lane.

Untitled-2.jpg

Select your desired intercity shipping lane and hover it near where the edge of the yellow line was.

If you get a yellow icon like below then it wont connect.

Untitled-4.jpg

If you get a blue one it will connect.

Untitled-6.jpg

Then connect your lane to the edge of the map. Then click on the blue shipping lane and upgrade it to make that blue line disappear.

8. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

Ooh thanks for making it more clear Funky. I now get it after forgetting how to do it.:D

9. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks for the help, I finally got a shipping lane but my question is to I actually need two lanes? One incoming and One outgoing? After I had it all connected I still had no freight moving via the terminal

10. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

You don't need incoming/outgoing. There's two types of lanes. Freight and passanger. I usually use the one that has both options in the one lane.

11. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

Yep you don't need 2 lanes for one kind of lane. 1 lane is pretty much enough for one kind of lane. And yes there is this lane option that makes use of both Freight and Passenger. Thats the one I used in my city.