1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Cities XXL Big problem

Discussion in 'Game Play Support' started by gatto, Nov 1, 2015.

1. gatto

gatto Unskilled Worker

When start the game, appears this error:

"Error loading mods.
    Some installed mods need other mods to work correctly. Those were automatically subscribed to and the game will nw exit to allow Steam to download them"
    I reinstalled the game and downloaded the mods but I could not to solve the problem.

The problem is solved when all the gate all the mods , but when I install again returns

thanks for the attention

2. Pepino

Pepino Mayor

check out the "requirements" - each mod might need different ones, but the main ones, for Cities XXL, are usually
    • Cities XXL Community MOD
    • XL Nation Furniture Dependency
    And then there are a few more.

3. gatto

gatto Unskilled Worker

I downloaded everything and until recently the game was working properly . I do not understand why

sorry for my English

4. Pepino

Pepino Mayor

If you installed some new mod(s), they can be incompatible with some other, or with the game version itself (not all XL mods work for XXL).
    Check the log file, it states what went wrong in the last few lines

5. gatto

gatto Unskilled Worker

I know but I always installed mods compatible with XXL . Now the problem occurs even when re- install the older mods that worked previously .

I tried to reinstall everything and I deleted all mods but the problem remains

6. Pepino

Pepino Mayor

what does the log say? I'm not really good at figuring this out, so you might need to wait for a more clever person to reply, or go to the chat room and ask there

7. Boomer

Boomer Unskilled Worker

My game has crashed too and I am getting the same message.

Can anyone help please?

8. ronrn

ronrn Governor

1.Empty your "Mods" folder. Be sure there are no ".patch" files in the "Paks" folder either.
    2.Un-subscribe from ALL mods at steam.
    3.From the resources here, download and install only:
    Dependency - Cities XXL Community Mod | XLNation - Cities XXL
    Dependency - XL Nation Furniture Dependency Pack | XLNation - Cities XXL
    4.Start the game.
    5.Start a "New" city for testing.
    6.If this does not work:
    on your pc, go to C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Focus Home Interactive\Cities XXL\log
    7.Open the last(most current) log file.
    8."Save As" a .txt file and attach it to a posting here in this thread.

9. Boomer

Boomer Unskilled Worker

Thanks ronrn! This worked for me. What's better I didn't lose the couple of Cities I had built since the last crash.:)

10. ronrn

ronrn Governor

That's good.(y)
    Remember......backup,backup, and backup.
    I find that my Mods folder changes a lot with the addition/removal of mods for different city types. So I backup a corrosponding copy of the mod folder with each city folder.
    city folder = C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Focus Home Interactive\Cities XXL\live\offline\solo\solosaveregion#map##
    That way I'm free to edit my mod folder at will.
    tip: To save on a little disc space, remove any mods that you are sure were not used in each city/mod folder backup.