1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Bright Rhm Mod

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by rippach, Sep 29, 2014.

1. rippach

rippach Unskilled Worker

Ok, so I already posted this in the discussion for that mod, but the modder doesn't have the same problem as I have and I was wondering if that is due to my settings, an interaction with other mods I have, or if other people see that too.

I have the brighter road textures for RHM2 mod (http://xlnation.net/threads/brighter-road-textures-for-rhm2.1024/), but for some reason my two-lane highways appear dark when I zoom out (LOD4):
    urhkdc7l.jpg

Does anyone else have the same problem? Any ideas what that could be?

Thanks

2. kipate

kipate Governor

Was it that you changed the graphic settings from high to medium or low?
    For me, when I just click on medium settings when I had high settings before,
    the options for the shadows is automatically undone, if I then click
    on the shadows button again, I get several graphical glitches, one of them
    is that the road textures appear brighter when zooming out. Just leaving the city and
    then entering it again should help...

3. rippach

rippach Unskilled Worker

Well, it always looks like this for me. That's why I changed the settings to check if it changes anything, but it didn't help. I've started CitiesXL a couple of times since I noted this problem and it was always there.

Edit: Are you using this mod, too? Do you not have this problem?

4. kipate

kipate Governor

Hmmh... Maybe someone else can help.
    I had that mod installed back when I used American Roads,
    but when I switched to default roads, I deinstalled it again.
    Never had problems, but unfortunately, I do not have the old pics
    anymore...

5. Peter912

Peter912 Elite

Ah yeah this happens to me too...maybe since the author didnĀ“t change the LOD 4 texture in the mod??

6. RealCity

RealCity Executive

Same problem here, tried every settings, the glitch still there. I'm playing CXL Platinum. Hope someone can explain why