1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Building A Highway Under Water Level?

Discussion in 'Game Play Support' started by beroe, Nov 28, 2014.

1. beroe

beroe Vagabond

Hello everyone,

I am trying to run a highway under my city very near the sea. Is there a way to avoid the "cannot build under water level" issue? This is a picture of the spot:
    cxl_screenshot_verea_0.jpg

2. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

Try to use the highway bridges and then see if you can make a tunnel going through the city. I haven't tested out this one though
    as I am not so good in handling highways.
    EDIT: Hmm, as I'm thinking more about it, I'm not sure if you can build highway tunnels. But atleast try to see in-game by yourself.

3. beroe

beroe Vagabond

Building highway tunnels is possible. I tried it on a higher altitude on the same map and there is no problem. The game generally doesn't allow for roads and highways to be built under water level, which is bugging me so much. I was wondering if there is a mod/fix for that? cxl_screenshot_verea_1.jpg

4. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

yeah thats a known and annoying problem
    i should have a closer look at it someday, maybe its fixable

for the meanwhile just increase the depth of your tunnel (so its below the water), you will still get some errors about the water, but be patient and just play around a bit, and youll finally be able to place it.