1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Camera Tilt Mod (adjusted) v2

Adjusted camera tilt option.

1. as0t

as0t Vagabond

2. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

Hi there as0t.
    Nice idea. I tried your mod and i feel the camera becames a little too slow on the movement. Can you consider an intermediate version?
    Vertically i think the movement is close to the point, but still could move a little faster, even if it looses some angles.

And for me horizontal movement could be way closer to it's original. Usually i use it to fastly point the direction, and then try to get the best view trough the up and down arrows. Works fine for me this way.

So a version keeping similar values to horizontal's original and vertically to yours (maybe with just some minor tweaks) would be very very welcome.

I think this also helps a lot with lag. The slower movement somehow "hides" the lag, which we can feel mostly when moving the camera. So this may be a very important mod.

If you're happy with this version and don't want to make another one, could you please tell us which parameters have you changed?
    I'd like tro try to find a balance between yours and original DSKamera.

Also, i somehow got an already edited version of this mod. It lowers the shadows, which i found works pretty good in game. I got that version somewhere along the way, probably at the old site.

So if you want to test this one also, and maybe apply your changes to this one, i can provide a link to download.

Cheers
    Luis Diogo

3. as0t

as0t Vagabond

Hello Luis.
    Thank you for your message and feedback.
    I will try to make an improved version, i just have very busy days now.

If you want to try to tweak a little yourself, you just unpack the .patch file (with CitiesXLPakUnpak) and open the "camera.cfg" file in notepad (preferably notepad++).
    Here you can change all the cameraviewsettings on every zoom level.
    The first zoomlevel starts at line 200 (Its called "DEFAULT") and it goes all the way up to zoomlevel "HYPERMAPPY"(line 983).
    The values I tweaked is inside every zoomlevel in the "SPEED" section.
    Like this:
    <SPEED>
    <YawSpeed>0.17</YawSpeed>
    <PitchSpeed>0.17</PitchSpeed>
    <DistanceSpeed>0.17</DistanceSpeed>
    <StrafeSpeed>80</StrafeSpeed>
    </SPEED>

(Tips: Use low values)

If you want to tweak the "postcard" camera settings they are in the beginning of the code called "GEM_UP" and all the way to "GEM_GAME".

When you want to try it in-game, just save the file and use the CitiesXLPakUnpak program to "Compress" all the files into a .patch file. Remember to have it in the right folder structure as it was when you unpacked it.

Because I didn't have much time to test I have not explored all of this code or any other mods to learn more + I'm very new to this.

Hope it helps :):):)

EDIT: Yes, it would be a good idea to include the "shadow fix", I will look into that when I got some time :)

4. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

5. as0t

as0t Vagabond

No problem Luis,
    Yes you have to change all the settings in all the different zoom levels.

Thanks, that shadow-fix mod was nice. I cant find an original author. Do you think it is ok for me to update to a new version with this included?

6. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

Yes i think it's perfectly ok. This mod was available with no reference to it's author in first place. Besides, some people have said they will use it if it includes this shadow fix. So a version that combines this one with your changes would be very welcome to community.
    Maybe you can just state the original author is unknown. There are several mods like that in here. After all, we just want this game to get better.

7. as0t

as0t Vagabond

8. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I was thinking of doing what you have done but when I found how many bits needed to be adjusted I did not bother. One day when I get time I will play around with those settings.

9. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

Thanks so much for your work as0t. I'll try this one out.

10. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

Hi there as0t. I tried this second version, but somehow it doesn't fix the shadows to me.

I wonder if this also happens to other people or if it's just me.

In this scenario, does anyone have a clue on what's causing this? I mean, maybe there is some other mod that somehow doesn't allow this one to work...
    Or maybe i need to place this in order to be read for last. Some mods had that thing: would only work if placed in last folders of pak files...

Any tips would be appreciated. I would like to use this very much. I think it has the right speed now. Only the shadows are not working...

11. Bloodbunny

Bloodbunny Vagabond

This works with XXL, no issues.