1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Cities XXL Can you download the Map Editor without having Cities XXL?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by sadiemydog, Nov 7, 2015.

1. sadiemydog

sadiemydog Executive

Can you download the map editor from steam without downloading CXXL or having CXXL. Because I want to make maps for fun , without playing CXXL. xD Cities XXL - Map Editor on Steam

Nick97 likes this.
  2. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Not much point just having the map editor. You will not being able to test the maps you build.

3. sadiemydog

sadiemydog Executive

I've already tried to download it , it crashes. I'd want to build map , not to play on it , because I like sharing stuff so I tought I gonna download it without CXXL , steam crashes. Can I do it another way , download it outside steam?

Nick97 likes this.
  4. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

It's only on steam mate. The game would be pretty cheap now on steam or just wait till they have a sale.

5. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Would not be good to share a map you had not tested

6. renedius

renedius Vagabond

yes

7. ronrn

ronrn Governor

Not exactly sure, but I think the Map Editor runs on or uses part of the XXL game engine.
    I do know that they share the XXL "Log" folder.