1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Canal City

Connecting Worlds

1. Inan

Inan Governor

Inan submitted a new resource:

Canal City - The Connection Starts Here

Read more about this resource...

2. kipate

kipate Governor

Wow, another fantastic creation of yours!
    But I have to say that if it wasn't for the channel and my general opinion of valuing the effort put into the details, it would be only 4 stars by.
    The city itself to me is your weakest. As I said before when commeting on your media, I think it's missing some real unique eyecatchers besides the channel or the airport. The cathedral is nice, but it could stand in St. Lucas as well.

For example, Osato has this fine marina terminal which is a combination of the Mexican stadium and piers. Then the marina entry gate, the huge modern train station, and the fantastic skyline.

Porto Nuevo has this big castle being put into the rocky mountain, hundreds of feet above the sea.

Cuva Cavelio's main attraction is the district on the hill, which has the cathedral at its center.

Bay City is famous for the whole New York City resemblance alone.

And I recall that De Cleerk has always been one of favourites due to the focal point of the CBD with its futuristic skyscrapers next to the fine and curvy marinas.

I am not blind. I see your promenades, I see your camping grounds, and all the other little details. And I do value it a lot, you are quite mastering the no collision combinations :)
    Your other cities have at least some "landmarks" that I can visualize without having to look them up, some more, some fewer.
    I know, I know, as the name already shows, it is about the channel. So my critique may be not that important ;)

Inan likes this.
  3. Inan

Inan Governor

Thank you for the comment! Yes, you are right, i though the same about the result. But not a Problem at all. The city is rather boring, without any bigger landmarks, as i mentioned, it is an industrial city. This was my Intention, because imo it would be a bit "unrealistic" having a City like this with touristic hubs. Things like the church, the new passenger port on the Island or the Tennis Center court are the hubs in Canal City. One may also like the trainstations or the old ports in the City. Imo, this City does have ist own character.

Thank you for the compliment about the Canal. Also sty tuned about the updates. I hope i can find some time to add some more Information about the pics asap! (y):)

4. Inan

Inan Governor

kipate likes this.
  5. Inan

Inan Governor

Inan updated Canal City with a new update entry:

Airport and Trainstations

Read the rest of this update entry...

6. Inan

Inan Governor

kipate likes this.
  7. Ricardo Silva de Aquino

Eu fico impressionado com o realismo de suas cidades, só inspiram... Sou seu fã!

8. Inan

Inan Governor

Thank you. This canal was in my mind a while before. Model was the panamacanal. Thanks for the visit.