1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Cities XXL Can't find Bowling Alley

Discussion in 'Game Play Support' started by Willer Bononi, May 5, 2016.

1. Willer Bononi

Willer Bononi Executive

I can't find it anywhere. Was it removed from this version ?

2. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Just checked the unpacked data from XXL i have and the thumb nail is there. Should be in the menu somewhere. Can't remember if there is a expert setting in XXL but if there is it might have to be ticked to see it.

Willer Bononi likes this.
  3. ronrn

ronrn Governor

bowling alley.jpg

4. Willer Bononi

Willer Bononi Executive

Well, that's very weird, it doesn't show up in my XXL... and also I don't have that button above the menu which means "filter" ?
    I don't know why my XXL is different.

5. Willer Bononi

Willer Bononi Executive

After seeing that picture, I had the suspicion of what could be going on and I found out that the CLM (Crime and Leisure Mod) is the responsible for not showing the Bowling Alley. I removed and it show up in the menu.
    But I don't what else the removal of CLM can bring...

Now, how do I manage to get that filter button??

6. ronrn

ronrn Governor

That CLM mod does not work well at all with XXL.
    That's the "switch between zoning and buildings alone" toggle button. It just happens to be activated in the image, but doesn't need to be switched on to see the bowling alley.
    Have you tried the Steam "verify integrity of game cache" option? It also replaces some missing files with verification.

7. Willer Bononi

Willer Bononi Executive

No, I meant the button above the "zone switch" button, it seems to be the filter button, it doesn't show on my XXL.

8. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Update 3 brought in the button to hide the filter so if yours is not updated then you will also need Update 4 as well.

Willer Bononi likes this.
  9. Willer Bononi

Willer Bononi Executive

Thanks, I got it all now... for some reasons steam did not update my XXL. I reinstalled and it seems to be ok now. Thanks for the support !

10. Steven H. Endermann

Maybe it was renamed. For XL Platinum, I'm pretty sure that my Bowling Alley was renamed to something else.