1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Cities XL vs Cities Skylines/your opinions

Discussion in 'General Forums' started by Nightcrawler, Mar 11, 2015.

1. ronrn

ronrn Governor

I only have one pc but I think you can "Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for Cities XXL" in the "Cities XXL - Properties/Updates"

2. Big Meany Mean

Big Meany Mean Executive

For me it's simple: Skylines is the best city simulator available but I don't like how it looks and since I'm a eye candy lover CXL is the best for me

3. AzemOcram

AzemOcram Executive

Cities (X)XL is prettier than Skylines will ever be. Got yourself a real beauty queen. But there's jut this one little thing...

Cities XL can simulate good but Skylines can do it better, 'etta, 'etta, 'etta, 'etta, 'etta, eh!

4. AzemOcram

AzemOcram Executive

Why is it that the agent-based city builders (SimCity Societies [Destinations], SimCity [Cities of Tomorrow], Cities: Skylines [After Dark]) all look unrealistic, stylized, oversaturated, or otherwise cartoony?

Hands down, Cities (X)XL is the most beautiful city builder that offers freedom and a simulation. The Architect is just a software toy to rebuild famous cities. Cities: Skylines has a detailed agent-based simulation with the capacity to approximate reality closely (with mods, some which have yet to be released). However, Cities: Skylines is ugly.

Mr. Sky likes this.
  5. A SenG

A SenG Executive

Are there any news for Cities xxxl release?

6. mgsports

mgsports Unskilled Worker

I have City XL Platinum and City Skyline and can't play either and not buying City XXL because might get Stop playing Error. I have Windows 10,8 Gigs of Ram. Even happened when no Mods installed. I have Unlocker 2,Road Additions 1.1,Littleriverfalls that I think is Kansas City Map and Nick97's that has Sears,Family Dollar,Burger King and others in it. But don't now if my Patch for is up to date. Know for City Skyline many Mods/Assets/Maps installed.that could be causing Error.

7. gcyzidane

gcyzidane Executive

In CXXL you build real city.
    In Cities skylines you build cartoon city and play with it.

javier likes this.
  8. chocolate_city

chocolate_city Executive

I tried running Cities Skylines, but I have too many mods running.... the game was using 27 GIGs of memory before it crashed... I only have 28. I need to let some go.

9. chocolate_city

chocolate_city Executive

I've tried playing with Cities Skyline.... Its not very friendly.... micromanagement is heavy even with cheats you still have to do some management. Freeways are not easy to create, but you have several choices to pick from.... It does double deck, with or without interchanges.. multi-lane, there are pre-fab interchanges or do it yourself, trains, everything you need to make a beautiful city. One problem that kept me from playing was the amount of memory the game was using.... I have 32gigs and the game would crash trying to use all of it. I found out that if you download another person city, my game would download all the mods and plug-ins that it need to run it. All of these mods would stay on my computer in addition to the 12gigs of mods I had personally downloaded. Some of them I already had and now they were doubled up and using more memory. Once I got rid of these extra mods, I found that game would only use 6gigs, which I heard was normal considering the amount of mods I can't play without. Be prepared to spin a great deal of time if you want to make it interesting....