1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Cities Xxl Gameplay Videos

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Fisher92, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Fisher92

Fisher92 Executive

Unfortunately, nothing in english for now, maybe someone who can speak german or french could tell us something more about this xd
    PS. Maybe Im wrong, cause I usually play with my own music, but I guess that the soundtrack is new.

2. sisko

sisko Vagabond

so where are the fucking clouds that they are falsely advertising?!

3. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

They aren't falsely advertising anything.
    There's heaps of different clouds.

4. Trolca

Trolca Executive

It would be nice if there was an English version of the latest videos.

This company is lacking in the PR department.

5. MuxLee

MuxLee Executive

what a joke, so they changed the colour of the UIM ..... railways ? multi core proof please

6. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

Pretty sure they said on their Facebook page that it has multicore.

7. MuxLee

MuxLee Executive

need proof mate it says lots of things on the fakebook page

8. RalleE

RalleE Vagabond

There was a Twitch livestream about XXL this night. Seems that Focus keeps their words.... a little miricle ... .
    Yes, there are a bunch of clouds, but only as static backgrounds. And the multicore support is pretty nice scaled to all cores.
    It is only a guess, but i think there´s no fix for the memoryleaks, i think ... no proof for my words. I hope I´m wrong. But for now i´m happy with what i saw.

Hope that helps.

RalleE

9. oldbrokenlink

oldbrokenlink Vagabond

i preordered after watching nice english twitch stream showing off the different features. the multithreading really looked nice!

there is no memory leak and there has not been a memory leak in great many years. they fixed that thing a very long time ago!

what people inproperly call a memory leak is that as the size and complexity of a city grows the time it takes to do the game logic increases and it affects framerate. that is sort of no brainer honestly...

so they replaced lua plus with lua plus jit so the same game logic should run 20x-30x faster since its no longer interpreted, but now dynamically jitted and natively executed and they moved as much as they could to other threads and now this release should be able to handle larger and more complex cities better.

there is still 32-bit address space limit and there is only so much you can move to other threads and its still for the most part the same cities xl that people have come to love / hate, but with list of improvement that many members have been asking them to make for great many years.

oh and did i mention the steam integration, including steam workshop support ;)

10. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

Steam workshop is a shit idea really. It won't have half the mods that will uploaded here. This has been the place to get mods for years and has pretty much kept this game going.

11. streetsofny

streetsofny Elite

Hi guys, I have found a couple of gameplays in English of Cities XXL from Stonelegion.com
    Enjoy it:

Nogerivan and The Funky Monk like this.
  12. MuxLee

MuxLee Executive

And one more

Nogerivan likes this.
  13. Dreian

Dreian Moderator
    Staff Member

the guy in the french video is very lame... watched 15 mn of boring self discussion...

14. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

That didn't show much.

15. MuxLee

MuxLee Executive

No it did nt in terms of placing buildings, but it did show the controls are still the same. I cant see many upgrades can you ? and where are these trains ?

16. msFiorentina

msFiorentina Executive

This is ridiculous! Why are they making gameplay videos if they dont know the game? What are they, idiots?
    The guy from 3hrs of gameplay is looking for the 'view' menu at 1:33.00..... Do you hear me? He is looking for the view menu!!!!

The view menu to change the clouds and he cant find it while the view menu is right there!

The Funky Monk likes this.
  17. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

There's a mod for wasd controls. And I don't remember them saying anything about trains.

18. Pepino

Pepino Mayor

Sorry if I sound pissed, but that would be another underachievement by FHI - originally, there were "railways" stated on their website, now there is only "metro"! I doubt that was just a mistake or lack of precision (railways being one of the main complaints for years).

Train system was already sorted out in the first Transport Tycoon in 1994. I guess Cities XXL is a bit more complicated, but it's been 20 years! Come on!

MuxLee likes this.
  19. Eastley

Eastley Skilled Worker

Sadly it looks and acts just like XL, yeah they changed the color of the GUI! Top Job!

Added Multi Core CPU support? In 2015? Noooooo WAY!!

Sorry for sarcasm..

I had not many issues with last version except for Multi Core support, which we get, so all good there.

Would of liked more, but it is like a great base for a cake, that you talented mods here decorate!

MuxLee likes this.
  20. MuxLee

MuxLee Executive

Exactly - why could nt they have done that

Do you work for them as a matter of interest ?