1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Cities Xxl - Life In The City Trailer

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Alex24, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Fisher92

Fisher92 Executive

Guys, just check out their website :
    http://www2.citiesxl.com/en/game-intro

• 1000+ unique-looking buildings to bring your city to life
    • 47 Architectural styles from many different cultures around the world
    • NEW: Over 65 varied landscapes including 5 new environments to develop on, from snowy alps to green meadows and seaside resorts
    • NEW: A powerful and improved game engine for an experience that stretches your city to the limits
    • NEW: Many different resources to exploit or produce, and to import or export, thanks to the improved trading system and the new freight airports.
    • Fine management of road traffic and public transportation networks (buses, railways(!!!))
    • NEW: New ‘green’ options such as industrial building upgrades, and all-new ecological structures like the park & ride bus company and bicycle rental services
    • NEW: Localized pollution levels to target and manage, including noise and smoke
    • NEW: New skies and moods to set the perfect backdrop to your cityscape
    • NEW: Create, share and download more easily an endless new supply of user-created content, thanks to the integration of Steam Workshop.

So I guess that rail is confirmed.

mst.matias likes this.
  2. Stevo

Stevo Skilled Worker

plus a wind system affecting the spread of pollution.

3. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

I would think that is metro railways

4. Fisher92

Fisher92 Executive

Nicko pls don't kill my hope

5. Denza

Denza Unskilled Worker

guys if there is anyone that is buying this game on STEAM pls add me!
    It is around 30e BUT has 50% discount for all cities xl 2012 owners..
    add denza025

6. Artmaster

Artmaster Executive

Steam just popped up to let me know about the 50% deal...the main site says people who already have 2011, 12, and Platinum can get the deal now or anytime. Also the release date says Jan 29...

I scoured the official site for more information on the game...it seems like they're not really releasing much about it...makes me very skeptical it's going to be worth $20... hmm :/

7. Denza

Denza Unskilled Worker

Well.. Platinum is still 20€ so.. Im not sure that xxl will be less thwn 30-40€ :)

8. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

Looks nice but I feel like they could've done better...

9. viperszn

viperszn Skilled Worker

I've bought CXXXL for 19,99 euro on steam. Denza I want to add you to my friend but I can't find you on Steam Users. You can add me, my nick is viperszn

10. Ricardo Marlus

Ricardo Marlus Vagabond

I already bought my XXL for $ 13.35 on Steam. I hope the FHI has corrected the major bugs, because I love the game.
    Viperszn I added you on Steam. Denza I also could not find on Steam. My nick is ricardomarlus

11. Thrangar

Thrangar Skilled Worker

Why do you guys add to name to Steam, is it just for friends or Workshop or is there some Multyplay that I am not seeing?

I am going to wait just in case this is a really bad release, and see what you guys report before I grab it.

12. Nicolas Jr.

Nicolas Jr. Unskilled Worker

I hope there's Multicore support and Rails, otherwise I ain't buying even if they give a 99.9% discount!

13. Inan

Inan Governor

Could somebody who already bought CXXL tell the rest of us if there is really a multicoresupport? And if it improves the performance percebtible, especially in bigger cities and while navigating at streetlevel? Are the trees still vanishing? That are the important things to me :)
    If there is no improvement:
    Me =>:dm4: FHI => :b28:

Thanks in advance

14. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

Not a word about previous mods and cities compatibility. I fear the new interface won't support them.

15. Inan

Inan Governor

I take CXL 2012 city- and mod-compatibility for granted... It's still the same game, just with technical improvements (i hope so)...

16. Thrangar

Thrangar Skilled Worker

Its been hinted at by an offhand comment of a well known modder here at this site

17. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

Pretty sure multicore and memory have been announced as being fixed.

18. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

FHI have already said it has a much improved game engine on their website/facebook and steam pages. Also on facebook page Nov14 th comment -they say - "Create and manage enormous cities on the latest version of the 'Cities' engine with multi-core support. With a smooth FPS no matter the size and complexity, there are no longer any limits on the richness and diversity of your sprawling metropolis."

So there you have it.

19. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

Problem is many mods use specific tags only available trough Altiris UIM. If those tags aren't in the interface they won't show in game.

20. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

I am pretty certain Altiris will be releasing a new community patch, that will add custom tags/stuff for mods. We just hope FHI fix or add support for the transparent furniture shaders.
    Though saying that I think they have found more issues, lets hope everyone finds a decent solution.
    I personally think a lot of custom tags, tree fixes etc should be added to the new game from start. makes sense!