1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Community Poll: Cxxl Or Cxl?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Rene, Feb 7, 2015.

?
  1. Cities XXL

2. CXL 2012/Platinum

3. CXL 2011

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Rene

Rene Executive

COMMUNITY POLL: CXXL OR CXL?

Have you upgraded? Or do you still play previous titles?

You can change your poll answer later :=)

2. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Well I'm using XXL and 2012 at the moment. I think I'll still be using 2012 a lot until the mods I always use can be used in XXL. I have modified a few but the buildings I can't and will have to wait for authors to upgrade them.

3. Bloodbunny

Bloodbunny Vagabond

Sticking with 2012 until modding catches up with it. Playing without mods is really quite dreadful.. no NEXL, no RHM, even most simple building mods don't work for the time being.

Skater27 likes this.
  4. Guillem

Guillem Skilled Worker

Until we get proper non-collision buildings, I won't play XXL much. I also need some of the additional buildings mods added. Otherwise the game feels empty and all the cities look the same.

By the way, Rene, what's with the trains and railways?

5. Vladimir RA108

Vladimir RA108 Skilled Worker

I'm currently using CXL 2012, as a tradition somewhat :), maybe in two years I'll switch.

6. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

Cities XXL is all I use now, runs so much smoother/faster.

7. city fiend

city fiend Elite

I voted for CXL12, XXL still even now is rubbish. Hardly any mods are available for it still. My game crashes too often when I select certain buildings and RHM tunnel fiasco is another big problem.

As a result I don't play any of them anymore, CXL12 is too slow as we know and CXXL just isn't as fun as CXL12 used to be. The cities look more lifeless because of low mod support.

Cities skyline to me is boring, I don't like buildings auto fill thing. Too many repeats in it looks rubbish. And the trains backing up is crap too.

8. veija2

veija2 Mayor

I'd like to vote for XXL, but am getting frustrated. The speed and stability is great, but the lack of mods is a serious let down for me. There is no mod manager for XXL. The game has died another slow death for me - first couldn't start a new city, now every city crashes. I have some cities I really like. What is the point, if they are doomed from the start? Also, photo editing is the pits with XXL.

9. city fiend

city fiend Elite

Wow, I'm not affected as bad as that. But who knows, maybe when my only city that I'm trialling at the moment gets to a certain size it will crash too.

To be honest at the moment my worst gripe is the RHM ground level thing. I'm going to try find some way to fix this, hopefully.
    Also I'm pretty sure that a lot of mods are not even showing up in the lists. I really hate the UI in XXL. It is too cluttered and the filter is just too fiddly and time consuming compared to XL.