1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Transportation Costomized Bridges

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by jkjkqqqqqq, Nov 3, 2014.

1. jkjkqqqqqq

jkjkqqqqqq Unskilled Worker

I came up with an idea about building the bridge base and the road surface separately.

e.g. we build the Sydney Harbor Bridge construction.The construction is not a road connection but a no collision object.I call this "the bridge base",then we build the road surface on it.
    the road surface can be RHM, road, avenue, street, high way or any other type u can imagine.this would help us build completely costomized bridges.

to realise this,there are some key points:
    1.the only thing in CXL that is changable in lenth,height,orientation is a bridge or a road,so the bridge base should be bridge essentially,so is the road surface.
    2.we can not place a road/bridge on another directly unless theres a height difference between them
    3.in the bridge base,the essential bridge and the non-collision object should be in different place.this will make the costomized bridge easier to biuld.
    4.the road surface should also be tailor-made for this,which is with out piers under it.

with this costomized bridge mod,all modders need only to make new bridge bases in the future,and all road surface on them can be costomized by we players.

figures&pics
    costomized bridge.JPG

Bridge bases
    gamescreen0248.jpg

gamescreen0247.jpg

gamescreen0249.jpg

(the bridge bases above are just for examples and can not be used as i described before)