1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Crime And Leisure

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Luis Quatrin, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Luis Quatrin

Luis Quatrin Vagabond

Since I installed The Crime and Leisure mod, no matter how many police stations I put in my city, the security just doens't work. Retail stores don't open because of security and business hotels bankrupt because of crime. Does anyone know what's happening?

2. snick

snick Moderator
    Staff Member

The CLM mod is pretty buggy. Lots of people have reported this issue in the past.

There might be a solution to it but another option would simply be to uninstall it.

3. Skater27

Skater27 Executive

I gave up on it since it would be difficult to locate all the buildings supplied by CLM.
    The only thing I could think of to try is to put a police station next to each CLM building. Ridicules!
    Would be nice to get the buildings with the crime.

4. pauliaxz

pauliaxz Mayor

You need to check CLM support while installing UIM

5. Stevo

Stevo Skilled Worker

I just posted the same problem in the Game Play Support section. I'm having the same problem. The roads don't glow red or green when placing a police station and the buildings adjacent to them have 0% security rating. From what I can see now, the police stations just don't work. It's like they're not there at all.
    In the CLM's Installation Instructions, it says in pink font, there is sometimes a problem with the Security Layers loading. It recommends uninstalling and reinstalling the UIM. I've done this several times to no avail. I've also checked the CLM and HEM boxes when installing the UIM. It also says in the previous version update that the problem is fixed and police stations now work when placing, but they don't. I'm going to try installing and running it without any other mods and see if that works. If I can get it to work I'll repost it here.

6. Stevo

Stevo Skilled Worker

Ok, I have it working now. This worked for me as I have CXL Platinum. When installing the UIM, change the Destination Folder to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Focus Home Interactive\Cities XL Platinum, not the default C:\Program Files (x86)\Focus Home Interactive\Cities XL 2011. Go for custom install and check the CLM box for Entire features installed. I also checked the HEM option box as well.
    The only CLM patches I used in the paks folder are: XLN_CLM_loc_v1.5.patch, and the: zzXLN_CLM_basebuildings_v2.52.patch. For some reason the basebuildings patch I downloaded from this new site doesn't work, but the one from the old site I downloaded in March this year works. I have posted this in the other thread I started in the Game Play Support section.

7. Stevo

Stevo Skilled Worker

The Mod has been updated now and the basebuildings .patch is good.

8. FreakMagnet

FreakMagnet Vagabond

i have a similar problem , but ive been able to control it somewhat by placing the american aircraft carrier to support police - it s a 10% increase per ship, i believe. however, i always have a fire problem when i build dense cities..... theres never enough firehouse. Ive done nothing for firehouses for blocks , to no avail.

9. Stevo

Stevo Skilled Worker

What's your traffic congestion like? If the roads are clogged, the fire trucks can't get through or are delayed.

10. alexy

alexy Vagabond

Hello ,I have this mod installed but I cannot get any profit out of retail. Police stations require executives from the start which leaves it useless ?

11. FreakMagnet

FreakMagnet Vagabond

traffic is good... Ive tried things at the city level and at the "neighborhood" level meaning ive had small areas with in a larger neighborhood that stay red even when i have an entire block of firehouses, etc. I notice the problem most when I have a city that mostly medium density with pockets of high density ( its the medium density over the map that does it though.)