1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

CJ Debracie

The combination of old and new

1. raulv87

raulv87 Elite

raulv87 submitted a new resource:

Debracie - The combination of old and new

Read more about this resource...

2. Kurtis Edwards

In terms of the forest and what not... remember cities and hinterland aren't just a huge forest. I have the same problem so I try to utilize fields and forest, Ill make tree outlines of large post-industrial lots and what not. W/the plaza mods you can get all kinds of lawns which seem to be easier on the computer. Also, there is a mod that allows individual placement of all greenery. It's incredibly tedious and you have to lower the display settings to see the "beer can" to click and delete.

However, I will say you should update to XXL. Yes, there is a lack of mods, yes finding the old ones that work can be tedious as well. XXL runs multi-core, XL does not. I have 80% less problems, myself, on XXL vs. XL. FLyYRX468ujc0nquF9y3g4ciNoX5nBmKWHud1V0KLVY=w945-h545-no.jpg
    Here is an example of mine where you can see some of what I do with my fields and forest.

raulv87 likes this.
  3. Kurtis Edwards

Mods can be daunting to me too. But, it doesn't seem like you are building crazy so just look at mods that will make "finishing" your cities better. Things that add the shiny, bells and whistle type stuff.

4. Kurtis Edwards

Oh, get all of Monty's and Aitortilla's mods... you build smaller cities and they make the most amazing mods for smaller realistic cities. That pic I posted... almost any little houses or "red roof" building are one of their mods. They are just small and detailed so when you zoom out it looks pretty realistic too.

5. raulv87

raulv87 Elite

Thanks! I have downloaded some mods today, including a forest, that doesn't seem to slow the game down considerably. By the way, when you said, that cities and hinterland aren't just a huge forest... well, here where I live, it's all one big forest. So that's maybe why I can't decorate my cities properly. By the way I already had this mod, where I can place every tree separately - that's how I got those autumn-coloured trees in Gladriena. Anyway, I got some other cool stuff today also. Most of the mods that I downloaded, don't work in 2011 version, but those, that work, are already in use :). I'm not sure though, wheather I'm making progress here. I thought, I was developing so far, but it seems, that it's my first CJ Gladriena, that has been my greatest success, not the later ones.

6. Kurtis Edwards

You're fine! Don't put that much worry into developing.. it's just a game at the end of the day. I tend to forget you are on 2011.

raulv87 likes this.