1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Cities XXL Delete Cities In Cities Xxl

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by streetsofny, Feb 6, 2015.

1. streetsofny

streetsofny Elite

Hi, I have a problem, I created a couple of cities that I can't delete now, I can see the name of them but when I try to delete them the option (rubbish cube) isn't visible. What I have to do?
    Maybe can I delete the cities in C:/User etc etc etc?

2. gbojanic

gbojanic Governor

Could you post a screenshot of that?
    You can manually delete a city but you have to know which one is it because the name of the save file is not the same as the name of the city... But if you want to delete all of the saved cities you can just delete the folder in C / Users / User name / AppData / Local / Focus Home Interactive. The game should create a new folder when you start the game again (it will probably crash the first time but should work the second time you start it).

3. veija2

veija2 Mayor

In cxl you can delete a single city in the [username]\AppData\local\ ... solo folder by deleting the city's map. In CXXL, if you a city's map, it just regenerates. I'm looking for help on that with FHI, too.

4. veija2

veija2 Mayor

@streetsofny Okay - here's the word from FHI. Man, are they quick or what?

Actually, there is a synchronization with the Steam Cloud.
    To disable this, you must proceed as follow:
    - Launch Steam.
    - Go to Library.
    - Right-click on Cities XXL and select Properties.
    - Go to Updates tab.
    - On the bottom of the page, disable the Steam Cloud and Close the properties panel.

After that, you can delete the city and Steam won't redownload again.
    So here's the full path to your city:

c:\users\[your user name]\AppData\local\focus home interactive\
    cities XXL\live\data\ offline\solo\solosaveregion#map#.

To find the city you want to delete, click one of the solosaveregion folders. Open the city file in notepad or wordpad. Scroll down about a dozen lines to

<itm key = 'CityName' value = "xxxxx"

If the city is the one you want to delete, close notepad/wordpad and delete the solosaveregion#map# folder.

5. veija2

veija2 Mayor

FYI - If you have any questions, ask before you do anything. I reset steam to synchronize again when I was done, but then the cities game back again. So leave it unchecked.

The city file location is for Windows. Check in other tech threads for other possible locations on other operation systems.

6. streetsofny

streetsofny Elite

I solve it! Thanks guys :)