1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Tutorials Delete Cxl Shadercache Plus 2.0

Delete the shadercache and start CXL

1. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

skullz613 submitted a new resource:

Delete CXL Shadercache Plus - Bat files to delete the shadercache and start CXL

Read more about this resource...

2. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

So what does this do, automatically delete the shader catch files before startup?

3. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes. It will help with the D3DX errors. I will add deeper details of it all soon. Been a bit busy in the garden today

Radiant Dawn likes this.
  4. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I just updated the info so it's a bit better to understand.

5. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

skullz613 updated Delete CXL Shadercache Plus with a new update entry:

No version change. I made a exe for the 2012 bat file plus added some extras

Read the rest of this update entry...

6. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Skilled Worker

Downloaded Winzip file several times, but keep getting message "Cannot open file: it does not appear to be a valid archive"

7. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

try winrar to unpack, i have no problems with it

8. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Skilled Worker

Thanks for your response Mr. X2. Currently there are some issues with Firefox 33.1 crashing and other funny stuff. Switched to Google and it downloaded and unzipped ok.

I selected “Delete CXL Shadercache and start CXL 2012” and it works fine.

During the past few months I've been deleting everything in the Shadercache folder manually and often forgetting to do so when I start the game. The annoying d3dx error window would appear and I could only get rid of it by restarting the computer.

This is GREAT! Saves time and annoyance. I really appreciate this improvement!

Thanks, X.

9. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

just noticed it stopped working for me o_O
    i know there is no problem with your file, just thought you might have an idea why :sneaky::)
    starting the game still works, but the shadercache is not cleared
    already tried to execute it as an administrator, but no difference :(
    (i did not make any changes till the last time it worked)

10. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

Trojan "Win.Trojan.Agent-822724" detected in the zip file. The attachment has been removed. If you downloaded this mod you may want to check the file for virus or trojans

11. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Its probably the antivirus picking on the exe file which has been made from the bat file using Advanced BAT to EXE Converter.
    I use ESET Smart Security and it has not picked any thing up.

12. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I have added a note explaining that it might cause a false positive in some antivirus programs.

13. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

The antivirus software on the server already removed it.

14. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

OK. I think the best way is to offer an external link then if people still want the exe file.
    Here's the scan I just did.

exe scan.png

15. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

16. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

The version on server was corrupted, heck it could have happened here

17. marros

marros Unskilled Worker

Trato de usar el archivo: Eliminar CXL inicio y CXL Shadercache 2012, y me encontré un mensaje que Windows no pudo encontrar la ruta del archivo, a continuación, utilizar el archivo: Eliminar CXL Shadercache, y no pasó nada, ¿significa que el archivo si se sirve? ; o lo que debe ocurrir después de ejecutar el archivo?

2.trate de utilizar el archivo: Eliminar CXL Shadercache y empezar CXL de 2012, y me salio Un Mensaje Que ventanas no encontraba la ruta del archivo, el uso LUEGO el archivo : Delete CXL Shadercache, y no paso nada, ¿SIGNIFICA Que sirvio el archivo si ?; o ¿que Dębe Suceder despues de ejecutar el archivo?

18. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

The exe file to start 2012 will work OK. If you have installed CXL 2012 in a different drive then it will not work. You may have to make your own exe file with the tool I gave a link to and put the correct path to CXL 2012.
    If you use it to try and start CXL Platinum it will not work. You have to make your own exe file for platinum as the path will have your username in it as I explained in the instructions.

19. marros

marros Unskilled Worker

[Quote = "marros, correos: 16.537, Miembros: 13511"] Trato de USAR el archivo: ELIMINAR CXL inicio y CXL Shadercache 2012, y me encontre Un Mensaje Que de ninguna de Windows Pudo Encontrar la ruta del archivo, la ONU Continuación, utilizar el archivo: ELIMINAR CXL Shadercache, el pecado y Nada pasó, ¿SIGNIFICA Que El archivo Si Se Sirve? ; o Lo Que Dębe ocurrir despues de ejecutar el archivo?

2.trate de utilizar el archivo: ELIMINAR CXL Shadercache y Empezar CXL de 2012, y me salio Un Mensaje Que VENTANAS no encontraba la ruta del archivo, el USO LUEGO el archivo: ELIMINAR CXL Shadercache, y no paso nada, ¿sirvio SIGNIFICA Que el archivo si ?; o ¿que Dębe Suceder despues de ejecutar el archivo? [/ Quote]
    [Quote = "skullz613, post: 16539, miembro: 7"] El archivo exe para comenzar 2012 trabajará en Aceptar. Si ha instalado CXL 2012 en una unidad diferente, entonces no va a funcionar. Puede que tenga que hacer su propio archivo exe con la herramienta le di un enlace hacia y poner la ruta correcta al CXL 2012.
    Si lo usa para tratar de iniciar CXL Platinum no va a funcionar. Usted tiene que hacer su propio archivo exe para el platino como el camino tendrá su nombre de usuario en la que como ya he explicado en las instrucciones. [/ Quote]

editar el archivo de establecer la ruta donde Cities XL instalado en mi pc y aún así me da el mismo mensaje.
    y el problema continúa jugando con la D3DX error bendita, si es posible me explique cuál es la manera correcta para editar este archivo, les dejo una captura de pantalla para que pueda ver el mensaje de error que consigo. t9.jpg t9.jpg

20. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I think the first thing you need to tell me, is the location of your CXL 2012 shortcut. As your using Windows 8, something might be different.
    The normal game shortcut on the desktop should be pointing to the Public desktop. Right click on your game shortcut, choose properties the general.

loca.jpg

No username is required to make it work is it uses the shortcut on the Public account.

This is the same for the Delete CXL Shadercache and start CXL 2012.bat and the Delete CXL Shadercache and start CXL 2012.exe. They both use the same path

Delete CXL Shadercache.bat

This bat file does not need changing. It points to the default folder for the shadercache.

If you owned CXL Platinum, you would have to make changes to the Delete CXL Shadercache and start CXL Platinum.bat but it looks like you own 2012.