1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

CXL 2012 Dgbhelp.dll Not Found

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by giusepperizzo24, Nov 8, 2014.

1. giusepperizzo24

giusepperizzo24 Vagabond

Hi there
    I've a problem: when I start to play, CXL goes well, but when the game saves automatically the city, it fall down and a message appears to me. It says "dbghelp.dll not found". I've just searched someone that had the same problem, I've tried some solutions but the game doesn't work. Can someone tell me some solutions? I've just tried to reinstall the game twice, I changed the .dll file with another newer and I scanned for viruses, immediately removed, but the game doesn't work. What can I do? I need you, please, 'cause now I can't play with CXL and I've got lots of ideas for some cities.
    -sorry for my bad English, I'm Italian and I can't speak it well, so I ask you to speak an easy English, thanks-

2. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

dbghelp.dll shows up in various folders with different sizes. I just searched my PC and it's in MS Office, 3DS Max, Civilization V, System 32, SysWOW64, Common Files, winsxs. There is no dbghelp.dll in CitiesXL 2012 or Platinum.
    I'm guessing CitiesXL uses a dbghelp.dll that's part of Windows and maybe it's one of the Windows dbghelp.dll that are causing the problem.