1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Drazicdesign Project

Discussion in 'Projects' started by Drazicdesign, Jan 19, 2015.

?

What should I do first?

Poll closed Jan 30, 2017.
  1. 1 / Small buildings of American banlieux?

17 vote(s)
    39.5%
  2. 2 / finish the mod "creation of rural landscape"?

12 vote(s)
    27.9%
  3. 3 / Create a whole set of airport runway with taxiway, (To build as a road in play) on which planes

14 vote(s)
    32.6%
  1. veija2

veija2 Mayor

Gave it a run through Drazic - looks good. Thanks for all your hard work on this project.

Drazicdesign likes this.
  2. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

This is the post i have placed in the mods release thread by mistake. I'll repost it here, this time with images:

Hi Drazic. The roads are fantastic and they all seem to work fine. The combination of darker and lighter textures is great, altough dark textures are only available in some roads (at least for me).

Roundabouts are perfect (i just miss darker textures on those too).
    dark roundabouts.jpg

Only thing that feels a little strange is the regular ingame highway texture, which is blured compared to the other textures we now have.
    hw_texture blured.jpg

I'm not sure if you also did the highway or if it is just the comparison now that we have so much better textures on other roads.

RHM is fine and can be combined with the darker textures available in the upgrades menu.
    combine rhm.jpg

Expressway doesn't have any upgrades (don't know if that was intended or if it's something related to my road mods). Roads department in XL has always been a mess and with so many mods available in only natural some issues come along.
    Unfortunatly, when i take pictures the upgrades panel dissapears. But all other roads have upgrades to some extend and not the expressway.

I want to thank you for this. It must have been such a hard work and this is a fantastic improvement for this game

kipate likes this.
  3. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

Thanks again

Thank you for your feedback,

- I'll make a roundabout with dark gray texture
    - For the highway, I do not want to make any changes at this time,
    (In fact, in the near future, I would like to make a new version of RHM 3.0)

1/As I have no more room in the upgrade menu, I think I will separate the roads with parking in a second menu,
    What do you think?
    upload_2016-12-14_20-10-20.png

2/ I would like to add a few more roads:
    - roads without any signaling without lamppost, and without passage pedestrian?
    - extra roads in dark gray texture?
    - small country road with width of 10M?
    - road with paved texture?

3/ I plan in 2017 to work on the pedestrians paths to be matched with US roads

Are you thinking about other things?

BahadirB, veija2, Mr.X² and 2 others like this.
  4. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

+ we should probably ask @Altiris if theres a way to make the upgrade menu bigger or scrollable since im running out of space for all the road-upgrades (xl) but i guess xxl has the same problem^^
    otherwise we should probably add some more different tags and separate all the roads a little more

5. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

Hi there Drazic.
    So good to see you are taking such a closer look to roads in XL

I agree the upgrade menu is now overfilled. Parking roads would be an obvious choice for separating. Or maybe the tram and bus lines, since there is a proper filter for them in the filter panel (at least for XXL). Maybe it can be easier in terms of the coding. Mr X2 ideia would be perfect though.

About the roundaboats, good to know you are planning a darker version. If possible both on roads and avenues. The option between darker and lighter texture is wonderfull. More roads with dark textures would be awesome. being able to choose between darker and lighter textures in the same map is very very welcome and your mod is allowing for that.

Regarding more roads, there is something that i don't know if it's possible to implement:
    On the road addon mod from Timoft, there are some fantastic upgrades in the expressway. Maybe you could try and clone it to your mod. Here's the examples:
    expressway upgrade1.jpg

expressway upgrade2.jpg

expressway upgrade3.jpg

Your idea of paved roads is also great.

About the roads with no signalling...we already have trolca's roads. So maybe you can take those as a starting point. But since menus are now so full i wonder if a duplicate of bare roads would be good. Maybe you could try and replace them, but it's important to remember that trolca's roads are needed in order for your USA roads to display properly, with all options in the menus (not sure if is still the case with more recent versions of the mod).

I also have another fantastic upgrade in my expressway (i'm talking about Platinum version). I'm not sure which mod is responsible. If you're interested i can try i see which mod it is coming from and maybe you could try and add it to your mod. I know for a fact this road is related to LA original map, so the road is somewhere ingame, but only available in that map. But i got a mod that allows placing it in other maps too (altough it is only visible in the upgrades menu and doesn't show up in the regular menu. Here's a pic:
    la road.jpg

Another idea would be a version of uokiok seawalls including parts of the code from other seawalls who allow for intersecting a road without creating a hole on it. But i guess this is something outside the scope of this thread and don't even know if it would be that easy. Just an idea for the future...

Finally, a new version of RHM? Wow. Don't know your plans about it but i'm liking it already.
    One thing that always bothered me in RHM, is the curvatures not being smooth (it happens to normal roads too). Not sure if this is something that can be coded, but maybe there is a parameter defining it.
    In Platinum i have some roads under limitless button which are tottaly smooth. They do have a strange behaviour tough. So maybe this is something impossible to implement. On the pic the road on the left is the one i'm talking about, with smooth curvature comparing to RHM (in the middle) and normal roads (on the right).
    smooth roads.jpg

Your work with roads has been fantastic. Maybe my suggestions are way too difficult and hard working. With your mods the options available are already fantastic. Nevertheless these are some ideas that maybe can be considered.

Abandon Ship likes this.
  6. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

ok +1

Thanks for the suggestions, I look what is possible to do ....

7. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

Drazicdesign,
    I hope you don't mind but I used your rural landscape beta mod because those are the rocks I was looking for. You can enjoy your handiwork early on in this video. The rocks really look great so I'm hoping you'll release the mod officially, hopefully without changes so I won't have to delete my rocks before using the new mod.

Drazicdesign likes this.
  8. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

Thank you for taking the time to create this video and share it,

OmniusPrime likes this.
  9. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

Notice to the community!:dmc4:

What should I do first?

1 / Small buildings of American banlieux?
    See photo below
    upload_2017-1-6_22-56-36.png

2 / finish the mod "creation of rural landscape"?
    See photo below
    [​IMG]

3 / Create a whole set of airport runway with taxiway, (To build as a road in play) on which planes roll, in order to reproduce what exists on the game Cities Skyline?
    upload_2017-1-6_23-4-23.png

In-game example: This photo is a test I made more than a year ago
    [​IMG]
    Obviously, I will choose beautiful texture to the airport runways with taxyway,

Participate in the poll, at the top of the page,
    Choose from these three proposals,
    I await your reply before the end of January,

:dm9a: :dm9:

XOUSTE, Mr. Sky, Myname and 1 other person like this.
  10. Jotape

Jotape Mayor

I like all the ideas. It's difficult to choose one of them :p

I choose the idea 1 / Small buildings of American banlieux, because I think it would be a great add on to the game

brendonwright1989 likes this.
  11. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

Register or to view Spoiler content!

Myname, Drazicdesign and Jotape like this.
  12. Abandon Ship

Abandon Ship Skilled Worker

OPTION 1!!!!

13. OmniBLACK

OmniBLACK Elite

I vote for no. 1 but no. 2 is looking beautiful and seems to be already in production so it's a toss up

Jotape likes this.
  14. Myname

Myname Mayor

I choose the option 2, because it's the only stuff that we don't have at all in CXL ! :D The n°3 could be a really great idea too (y)

15. fayeddd

fayeddd Governor

Option 2 of course :)

16. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

Thank you for your participation,

At the moment, I added a survey, I invite you counted your choice in the poll at the top of the thread

Jotape likes this.
  17. kipate

kipate Governor

WHAT???????????????????????????????????????
    Are you guys insane??? Drazic could opt for a whole new set of Taxiways, and you say "NO, I want my 'Murican Suburbs?" :eek:

Option fucking 3! :D

Przyski, Vetleep, Immort_al and 2 others like this.
  18. Jotape

Jotape Mayor

Ok, I have changed my mind, maybe the option 3 is more important at this moment :p But all options are great

Immort_al likes this.
  19. Mr. Sky

Mr. Sky Executive

[​IMG]

Immort_al likes this.
  20. fayeddd

fayeddd Governor

Hahahaha but we lack kind of ''environment'' mod

Jotape and Drazicdesign like this.