1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please see the following thread for more information
    XLN's future is looking bad

Dreamland

Made in XL 2012 for The Inlet Comp

1. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

skullz613 submitted a new resource:

Dreamland - Made in XL 2012 for The Inlet Comp

Read more about this resource...

2. Kurtis Edwards

"It can be a bit tricky to plaza hills when they are big. I use a few paths to break the areas up or the plaza tool always shows red boxes"
    Yeah, I actually use the contour/elevation lines to gauge where to break apart my hills with pathways. I also try to limit perpendicular pathways that go from elevation to elevation as much as possible. Is there a cheat we know of that makes the contour layer stay on???? hehehe. With Drazic's smooth roads there's no need to use bridges anymore so it's got even easier to make plaza hills.

3. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I found the elevation layer stays on for certain roads. Not sure why. I will see if I can find the ones that do and list them.
    I use the small paths a lot to do hills etc... so I might try adding the line Drazic used on the default roads to the path patch and see if it works on them too.

4. kipate

kipate Governor

Was it not possible to add the elevation layout similarly as one can add a Google overlay map?

5. Kurtis Edwards

I thought you just have to click the contour layer before you pick the road and after each 'right' click. At least, that's how it works for me. It would be nice for the layer to just stay on regardless. lol.

6. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Normally that's what it is like for most roads. I found one or two though where the layer stays on. I just backed out of my game but will find the ones when I fire it back up soon. Just taking a break. Got a new city underway on the inlet map.

7. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Found most of the roads in Trolca's bare roads patch lets the layer show.
    layer.jpg
    After typing that I went back to my game and found if a road selected turns the layer off, click back on the relief layer and select the road again. The relief layer now stays.
    I don't know if it's just my game or it will work for other players.

Kurtis Edwards likes this.
  8. selodinger

selodinger Governor

Hello there Skullz.
    Can I ask that where I can find this harbor pack? Also, can you give me in-game location of them?
    Register or to view Spoiler content!

9. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Think they are from a pack called Modular Harbor Pack III - patch files (UNFINISHED) by aitortilla01
    I have been using them in XXL and have had no crashes yet. I tried to find them in his project thread but cant find a link.
    I still have the zip file on Mega
    MEGA

Menu location is the same as the other harbor mods

selodinger likes this.