1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Buildings European Historical Buildings

Discussion in 'Buildings' started by josev, Jan 8, 2015.

1. josev

josev Vagabond

i'm looking to biuld a european looking city that would resemble all that great-looking european historical cities and i'm looking for content to do so. so far i've only been able to find this awesome german pack and some separate ploppables, but that's not enough for a whole city. besides, these are only resedential, while in many cities buildigs like these are commercial on the first floor and resedential on the others, is there any way to tweak this?
    please share all your european look related content here

2. pauliaxz

pauliaxz Mayor

It's impossible to do commercial and residential in one building in CXL. I don't know if you have it or not, you should download no collision buildings mod. Then you can build more realistic european neighborhoods.

3. josev

josev Vagabond

i'll try it, thanks. i wish there were more historical buildings available, it's really hard to build such a city without museums, theatres, hotels, universities, churches and so on (i mean those that are relevant to the city's historical look).

4. pauliaxz

pauliaxz Mayor

There are loads of churches mods, especially by nicko2u, here in XLN, a lot museums in game. If you want to get all available buildings use in-game cheat Unlock All Buildings

5. josev

josev Vagabond

yeah, i've downloaded some good churches here on xlex, didn't know about that cheat, i'll try it asap, thanks for the help
    oh, and is there any way to convert some residential builidings from german pack to fully commercial, just to have a balance between them?

edit: i've implemented the cheat, there's much more buildings available now, thank you again

6. pauliaxz

pauliaxz Mayor

You can make them commercial only, industrial only, school, anything... It's just editing of .class file

7. APXHTEKTON

APXHTEKTON Unskilled Worker

Yes, thats what I thought ,too .so i changed a NY w2w Leisure Building into Unskilled Apartment, everything correctly modified in .class with Notepad, saved the file with (UTF-16LE).I found the the new building with new description in the new menu folder but the newly constructed building is still having Leisure attributes.... maybe this is happening because I used the copies of Localization,dds, 3ds files of the original w2w building and changed the names of those files and then i set the .class file to read the newly copied files, then repacked it with CitiesXL UnPacker tool...its still leisure :/