1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Everything About Cities: Skylines - Paradox Greets You!

Discussion in 'General Forums' started by TotalyMoo, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Rene

Rene Executive

And please give us some RAIL.

2. TotalyMoo

TotalyMoo Paradox Community Manager

Wow, this question is way too specific for me to answer. I'll check with our developers!

3. kipate

kipate Governor

Rene, 3 comments in a row, that is a lot, even for you :)
    Maybe give TMoo some time to collect the data ;)

4. TotalyMoo

Rails; we have them but not light rail at launch. It's something we want to add though, since it was made very well in CIM :)

Yes, policies will let you dictate a lot of things like green energy usage, public transit motivation et cetera.

We'll feature a lot of green energy, like solar, wind, water power. Also nuclear, coal and less nice methods.

Your city will import the products you need, so if you lack industry you will simply have to pay for the stuff you lack.

Pollution is local to the affected areas, but it's also dynamic. So water pollution for example does not go away unless cleaned by the player (or if it for example flows down a river that moves off map. Some maps can have limited water supply so that you need to clean it if you don't want to poison people.

Yes, we have noise pollution. It mostly affects how high class a neighbourhood is, and thus which kind of citizens live there. Rich cims won't live close to a highway if they have an option.

The local air is polluted by industry, I'm not sure how it moves or if it's static but we do have wind in the game so I would not be surprised if we choose to let wind move pollution.

I hope I managed to answer your questions! :)

Rene likes this.
  5. TotalyMoo

Okay so got some info from devs.

Yes, there's a difference in speed depending on road type.

Yes, there's a penalty / trade-off for junctions that are too close, but it's currently being developed/implemented so we don't have too much info on the specifics.

Rene likes this.
  6. kipate

kipate Governor

Wow, thank you for this fast information!
    Great news to hear!

7. Rene

Rene Executive

TotalyMoo what a fantastic response u covered all areas! Thank you.

But could we see some rail screenies or video soon? And a bit how the system works.

Other than that cam up in shoutbox/chat was .... i don't remember. But people seem very pleased with what's coming. Surely this will be a (Skylines) a huge succes. Everyone hopes it and knows it.

8. TotalyMoo

I'm happy to oblige :)

We've seen a lot of requests on showing footage of rails, but if I am to be honest that's not ready to be seen yet. Too many placeholder assets. We'll definitely share this as soon as we can, though.

As mentioned, happy to oblige. If there are people out there with an interest in the game I am working on they better damn well get informed if they ask for it, otherwise I'd be pretty sucky at my job ;)

prismaticmarcus and Rene like this.
  9. Rene

Rene Executive

Ok thanks totally moo. I'm thorwing questions as I'm advancing watching all video material.

Now I thinkthat if one limits the budget of power or water plants etc yes power is less produced, but will the lower budget affect in the infra???? Deteriorate? Or keep the same as in 100% budget?

Well i'm sure u guys and gals will fork out the best thing. Thanks for wind info.

+1

10. kipate

kipate Governor

One thing I have seen in the interview video I found striking:
    Marina stated that you should place the water pumping station
    at the upper reaches of any river and the sewage disposal facility
    at the lower reaches of the river such that the sewage does not
    pollute the pumped water. But, at larger rivers, one should assume
    that there are already cities before your own city,
    so the water pumping station would take up also
    unclean water of other cities.
    Of course, the thought is to have your own single
    city, and no need to care about such complex schemes.
    Still I find this rather strange...

11. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

I think you said you wont have daylight/night cycle? I could be wrong and why?

12. Rene

Rene Executive

I always play CXL at noon setting, but I know people like to view the nightlights too....

And I have so many rail ideas, easy ones. Please show us some rail so we can throw in few comments. There needs to be national rail and local rail along with metro, tram and busses, plus ferry, but some of these can be in expansion, but not RAIL.

13. Extablitz

Extablitz Unskilled Worker

is it support multicore cpu or dual vga and some stuff like that?

Rene likes this.
  14. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

im curious how the finished game will look and be like.
    i dont have a concrete question, but some (at least for me) important things :D
    - a lot of modding possibilities (cxl is way too restrictied in my opinion)
    - lot of public transport options, with a "line-function" just like cxl has for building metro-lines etc. (i dont say you should add all those possibilities @ launch, but it should at least be possible for the community to mod)
    - wall to wall and curved looking buildings so we can easily build european cities too
    and seems like im part of the minority who dont care about nightlights^^

anyway, now let the guys go back to work that they can improve their game :p

15. Rene

Rene Executive

This is very important, it must be at least duo core, but 4 would be better.

16. TotalyMoo

We do have multicore support, I'll get on the rest of the questions later today or tomorrow! :) Keep em' coming.

Rene likes this.
  17. Extablitz

Extablitz Unskilled Worker

well I think the game engine can work dynamic as the user hardware, if it runs on 16 core engine then it should can run on all of the core

18. prismaticmarcus

prismaticmarcus Unskilled Worker

the most appealing thing for me is the visual realism. i've never played simcity, nor do i want to, due to it's cartoon-y look. the flipside is that i hate that the scale is not consistent between buildings i.e. a six storey office building can be the same height as a two storey house. that is soooo stupid!

19. Rene

Rene Executive

Ok we know that 'national rail' is coming. but what about city transport?

For sure there are busses and metro - how will setting up the line be? The like in CXL is great...
    Will there be trams, above ground metro as well as subway? And what about ferries?

And how about a local train commuter? Can metro and national tracks be shared?

What kind of collective transport system are we getting? We've seen roads enough. And me too, i'm like omg so much with the roads demands give it be for goodness sake! And for estimated release date...? Month? Year?

U really have to have played Sim City 2, 3000, and 4 (deluxe/rush) for to know sim city builders.... CXL is not enough reference.

But I'm glad to hear to team is looking to such past titles as Rome, Caesar, Egypt etc... Pick something from civilization too, but no war(!).

Use the edit button. The new quote button is also fantastic - Funky

20. Dreian

Dreian Moderator
    Staff Member

So far very interesting project, with lot of possibilities

For me it s critical to have the opportunity to individually place anybuilding in the game and not only by zoning...

prismaticmarcus likes this.