1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Game Play fire satisfaction uses highways

Discussion in 'Game Play Support and Other' started by veija2, Jan 28, 2016.

1. veija2

veija2 Mayor

In XXL, fire satisfaction is carried only by roads, not highways. I have a city with 8 million population and lots of highways - fire satisfaction has bottomed.

2. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

veija2,
    I agree that fire satisfaction is the toughest thing to maintain when building large populous cities. The problem isn't so much highways not being used, it's not having booster buildings to boost fire satisfaction levels. I just made a video SOS to Modders about what we really need in XXL.

I built a city of 11 million and my fire satisfaction was only 34%. Until I found a cheat mod from XL that has the Paradigm building, a building that forces residences not satisfied with fire coverage to be basically satisfied. It brought my 34% rating up to 53% as I no longer had dissatisfied residences. Still not the magic bullet we need, more booster buildings is the only solution. Multiple ones that work in a cumulative manner.

I hope you'll watch my video to see the problems I see in XXL that need modding help.

veija2 likes this.
  3. veija2

veija2 Mayor

Wow. Very comprehensive. I also use other workarounds for some problems, like building one or several support cities to trade with instead of Omnicrud. It would be nice to have a short list on this, if you haven't already. Thanks.

OmniusPrime likes this.
  4. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

veija2,
    The other secret of civic services is to build them in residential blocks, not business ones. Being close is helpful, especially to Executives and Elites. For money I now use the old XL mod, the Kiwi Lite Bank, which gives us $1 million per building you build and they don't require workers to work. I too don't like the Omnicrud Trade Welfare program to make ends meet with such low tax income.

I've done the multi-city trade thing too, however the standard program Omnicrud only has a limited amount of transportation points to trade with and you always end up trading with Omnicorp to get the money. I got an XL mod that increases transportation points for Omnicrud from 999 to 99,999. With multiple cities you can burn through the standard transportation limit rather quickly. One excellent mod to increase a city's transportation limit is the Paris Pack, it has a train station that yields 400 freight and 1,200 passenger transportation points.

5. veija2

veija2 Mayor

All good options. I have never come close to running out of intercity transportation using highway/road/seaport/airport but the train would be fun to play with. Biggest city 12 million, intercity trade not a problem, just fire coverage and road traffic.

OmniusPrime likes this.
  6. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

veija2,
    I'm not talking about intercity transportation capacity of our cities, I'm talking about Omnicorp's. It has only one capacity for all of your cities so when you burn that up at 999 points then your cities can no longer trade new items with that transportation type. The mod I mentioned increases Omnicorp's capacity tremendously to enable near unlimited trade with numerous cities. Electricity requires no transportation.

Trains aren't fun to play with. They don't move. Laying the train tracks near map edges causes a crash to desktop. I make my train station a museum, don't even waste time with the tracks. I just lay train engines and cars along the track beds to make them look like museum pieces.

My biggest city was 11 million and yep I had big problems with fire and not quite so bad with police as I always built the Alcatraz Blueprint building which gives a nice police boost.