1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Fishing Industry

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by BahadirB, Aug 22, 2015.

1. BahadirB

BahadirB Governor

I am not sure whether anybody wrote about this before, but thanks to the UIP mods, there is "fishing" grounds on the right panel of general info. What I am curious about is, why there are not any mods for fishing industries, wharfs, warehouses for fishing. That could be integrated into food industry. I am not much into the details of modding, but is it very difficult to do such stuff, or is it just because of lack of interest?

2. royb 98

royb 98 Elite

No fishing mods have been released yet. Also it's a lack of interest. Most people, including me, just use the all resources button anyway which makes those overlays unnecessary. The overlay "crime" had also been added but only one mod used this overlay so far, so it's clearly a lack of interest.

3. BahadirB

BahadirB Governor

It's definitely a lack of interest. Well I find these overlays (compared to all resources button) useful, which makes the game more realistic in my humble opinion. But it's not the question; I mean, there are many mods on food industry (greenhouses, diverse kinds of farms), my concern is that food industry could be expanded beyond agricultural enterprises. I mean, seeing a few fishing ships in open sea, and different harbours with freezing warehouses could be a further contribution to the game. Not that it's the end of the world in this way.

4. royb 98

royb 98 Elite

There is a mod with a fishing ship (I can't remember the name right now, I'll search for it later), and for the cooling warehouse you could use an ordinary warehouse. If you have any other requests, you can ask in the mod request forum. We can never have too many mods ;).

5. BahadirB

BahadirB Governor

Well, thanks for the hint. I can look up the fishing ship you mention, and definitely I'll be suggesting the basics of a fishing industry in the mod request forum.

Thank you.

6. kipate

kipate Governor

royb 98 likes this.
  7. BahadirB

BahadirB Governor

Hopefully, I can speak French, merci monsieur! :)

8. Vladimir RA108

Vladimir RA108 Skilled Worker

There is one fishing building in Beach Pack, if I'm right. We only need a ship model that would give us Food Industry maybe, because Harbor XL Pack already gives us ships for "dirty" industries.

9. Alex24

Alex24 Moderator
    Staff Member

Side note: my maps have fishing ressources

10. Vladimir RA108

Alex24, seriously? I play on Funky's maps, and they give no fishing resources in the area, independent of whether All-Map Resource Mode is on or off. That Fishery, as called in the Beach Pack, is a coastal building.

11. Alex24

Alex24 Moderator
    Staff Member

well, when I released those maps Fishery was still in consideration. Don't know if they are shown though.

12. Vladimir RA108

Alex24, which maps do you play on? I should test Fishery myself maybe.

13. Alex24

Alex24 Moderator
    Staff Member

Well Fishery, as mentioed, doesn't work. I just wanted to mention that just in case it would be released it would be playable on my maps.

14. BahadirB

BahadirB Governor

Well, it is not only about the ships. What I mean is a more expanded fishing industry. As there are various silos, greenhouses, fields, there might be relevant buildings for the fishing industry. Apart from the fishing ships, there could be cool storages, warehouses, a distinguished small piers with fishing nets etc. All these buildings could contribute to "food industry."

15. Rene

Rene Executive

Old unlocker mods, Unlocker 4/5 had fishing resource fixed. Maybe someone with time and interest could fork out a working version...

16. Nick97

Nick97 Elite

17. selodinger

selodinger Governor

Agree with you. Maybe that picture, in the link, would be a decent example for fishing industry
    http://www.castletownbereport.com/Images/ctbair3big.jpg

BahadirB likes this.
  18. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

All my XL maps have the fishing resource layer. The problem is there is no mods using the layer yet.