1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Fix for old mods shader crash errors (XXL) 1.2

Solves crashes related to shaders in older mods.

1. Monty

Monty Governor

Monty submitted a new resource:

Fix for old mods shader crash errors (XXL) - Solves crashes related to shaders in older mods.

Read more about this resource...

PaulJChris likes this.
  2. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

Your .patch, allows the use of your pack shop in XXL:D

Great! (y)

[​IMG]

Myname and Monty like this.
  3. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Yeah I noticed that yesterday when I was trying out old mods. Found quite a few of the old ones are now working good.

Drazicdesign and Monty like this.
  4. gcyzidane

gcyzidane Executive

Why I can't? It's still crash....

5. Monty

Monty Governor

Have you installed this patch in your main mod folder? Do not install it inside a subfolder.

6. gcyzidane

gcyzidane Executive

Yes I do, B__Users_郭晨阳_Desktop_傲游截图20160807233428.png but none of use.

7. gcyzidane

gcyzidane Executive

any methods?

8. gcyzidane

gcyzidane Executive

COULD you help me

9. Monty

Monty Governor

I don't know what it could be. Since I have both mods installed and they don't crash. I wonder if the way your mods are sorted in your folder mod has something to do with it?. The sorting then by name and run the game? Maybe it helps. I don't know.

kipate likes this.
  10. gcyzidane

gcyzidane Executive

I have tried running the game with JUST Crashed-XL Mods and your fix-mod,IT Works! Maybe here has some conflict in my mods......
    However,thank you for making this wonderful mod for us.

11. builderguy1743

builderguy1743 Vagabond

my mods dont work at all help?????any mod managers out there?

12. gcyzidane

gcyzidane Executive

Maybe I can help

13. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

Monty,
    Here's a question regarding what looks like a shader crash and I do have this mod installed correctly in the mods folder. I saw the problem above from gcyzidane and his screenshot error message has some common elements with what I see. I ended up meticulously retyping error message when I couldn't get it to allow me to copy it. I'm wondering if you can solve this problem by tweaking this shader mod? It would fill a hole in XXL, no real amusement buildings like the 3 in this cool mod. There are at least 4 ratings on the mod requesting an update for XXL. Can you help?

I beta tested the XL Amusement Park by Uokiok 1.10 in XXL (under XL - Buildings - Arts & Leisure page 2) and get this error message when I build one of the 3 amusement park items. I can place an item and start the clock running a few seconds as it builds then the game crashes to desktop with this error message:

s_EffectFactory_CreateCompliedEffect Error

D3DComplie has failed

File : <Data/Shader/#Vehicle_NIGHT_LIGHTNING.fx>
    Error : <IncShadow.fx(246.,9): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type
    IncVSOut.fx(147,10): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cities
    XXL\data\Shader\#Vehicle_NIGHT_LIGHTNING.fx(58,9) warning X3206: implicit
    truncation of vector type
    XXL\Data\Shader\#Vehicle_NIGHT_LIGHTNING.fx(64,9): warning X3206: implicit
    XXL\Data\Shader\#Vehicle_NIGHT_LIGHTNING.fx(66,25): warning X3206:
    implicit truncation of vector type
    XXL\Data\Shader_NIGHT_LIGHTNING.fx(74,9): warning X3206: implicit
    XXL\Data\Shader_NIGHT_LIGHHTNING.fx(75,9): warning X3206: implicit
    XXL\Data\Shader_NIGHT_LIGHTNING.fx(77,11): warning X3206
    implicit truncation of vector type
    XXL\Data\Shader\#Vehicle_NIGHT_LIGHTNING.fx(102,3): Unrecognized state
    ‘AlphaBlendEnable’
    >
    Press OK to Retry

I end up having to use task manager to end the program as the click to retry is endless. It looks like some kind of shading error, something to do with NIGHT_LIGHTNING.

I have the mod - Fix for old mods shader crash errors (XXL) 1.0 by Monty. I have the latest Community Mod 2.08 as well as the Furniture Dependency pack 1.7 mod. I have other Uokiok mods that work fine although I think I've tried some that didn't.

I hope some modder can figure out what the problem is and can get this awesome amusement park mod working in XXL which lacks amusement parks. Is there a solution by tweaking a shader mod in XXL? Can this mod be updated for XXL perhaps skipping the shader problem encountered here? I sure hope someone can get this mod working for XXL as it would certainly fill a hole in the game's buildings.

14. Monty

Monty Governor

#Vehicle_NIGHT_LIGHTNING seems to be a custom shader, Uokiok must have created it for his mod. It's not included in the community mod and I'm not sure if the modifications he made will work in XXL. I think it would be safer to replace it with a copy of the regular vehicle shader.

But there is another problem, Uokiok's patch contains a copy of a custom shader that already comes with the the shader pack/community mod, but only works for XL. So i'll add a copy of the correct one in this patch.

Try the attached file, remove the previous version of the fix first.

Remember to place it inside the paks/mods main folder or it may not work.

Let me know if it works, I'll update the entry with this version.

Attached Files:

Mr.X², Drazicdesign and OmniusPrime like this.
  15. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

Monty,
    YOU ARE A WIZARD!!!!!!! I tested out this new shader mod beta and found it works well with the XL Amusement Park by Uokiok. I'm really glad I invested the time to meticulously retype the error message I saw so you could have an idea of the problem. Thankfully there were no other hidden problems. I took out the old 1.0 shader mod as you suggested and replaced it with this new beta version.

First I tested it in my brand new Monterey city and found all three items worked, even though Monterey still has no population or city hall. Then I tested the Amusement Park mod in my massive Flachlandstadt city that has population and city hall and indeed all three worked. The only flaw is that the Characteristics screen doesn't show for any of the three items. Kind of a bummer for the Pirate Ship swing since it has an upgrade that switches which way the pirate ship faces when swinging, in effect giving us two versions. However it's not so important to have those information screens as it is to have all three items working. The rollercoaster has a working rollercoaster running along the tracks, the Drop item has baskets going up the 3 poles to then drop down and the Pirate Ship swings! (y):D

Obviously this warrants yet another video tribute, although it may take a little while coming as I'm just getting my new Monterey city started. It's going to be so awesome to make my own version of Dennis the Menace Park, getting the old XL Amusement Park working to fill it up with cool amusement stuff. Plus now others will be able to use that old XL mod in XXL, a definite gain for us XXL players. Once again thanks so much Monty!

Drazicdesign likes this.
  16. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

Thank you to you both!

OmniusPrime likes this.
  17. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

Do not forget to perform an official update of this patch, Thank you

OmniusPrime likes this.
  18. Monty

Monty Governor

Drazicdesign and OmniusPrime like this.
  19. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

Monty,
    Totally awesome problem solving! I'm so happy to be able to use the old XL amusement park mod now. I was wrong, I couldn't wait to give you a video tribute and actually had to wait a few days until you posted this officially. I did save the amusement park placement and tribute to this shader fix mod for last near the end of this video. I wish I could give this mod a 100 stars rating, now we have the XL carousel and amusement mods working in XXL. I also can't wait to plant your Xmas tree all over my new Monterey city.

Monty likes this.
  20. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

Drazicdesign,
    I can't wait for you to make your Rocks collection mod official. Don't be shy modeling bird poop since I'll be using these for shoreline rocks. I really like what you've done with them.

Drazicdesign likes this.