1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Cities XXL Fixing a pink LOD the hard way

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by skullz613, Feb 14, 2017.

1. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I read somewhere that it's possible to unpack the .sgbin files and remove the files with the downx4 in them.
    I tried this on Big Meany's Eaton Terrace patch and got one of them correct but the other two buildings now are invisible.
    I did notice that two of the files that had downx4 in it, was LOD 3 and there was no other files. I just removed the downx4 from the LOD 3 file names. I had previously deleted them and even though I did, the building displayed OK.
    Can't figure out what else to look for.
    Just noticed that when a sgbin file is repacked, it misses the four files ending with l1 to l4. Found that out by unpacking one I had repacked.

EDIT: Just found this in the help on pakunpack, think it's the reason why

Limitations :

There is some SGBIN which contains a texture file (dif) with a different name as others textures files.
    So, the created graph.bin is wrong. For the moment SGBIN of this type is therefore incompatible with this software...

2. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Well I figured it all out by my lonesome :)

I used cxlUnpack to unpack the effected sgbins, removed the downx4 files apart from the l3 which I changed downx4 to dxt1. Then repacked using cxlPackager and saved as a sgbin files. Took a while but have now got a working patch file with no pink LODs.

Here's the patch for those who were after Big Meany getting it fixed.
    MEGA

Mr.X² and kipate like this.
  3. gcyzidane

gcyzidane Executive

Hello skullz613, I have a PINK LOD bug with the mod "Menara Citibank (citibank Tower) " and CN Tower in game.
    Could you help me to repair and update this two mods? Thanks a lot.

4. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Could you post the file names of the ones your using? Are they old XL patches?

5. gcyzidane

gcyzidane Executive

I download them in Xlnation and you can search and find them here.

6. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Right, I have just found these two,

XLNation_BaniB3_CNtower_allLods_v1.0.patch
    MY_MenaraCitibank.patch

This was the note originally posted regarding the CN tower
    I upacked both patch files and the sgbins and found that the downx4 was at the end of a few of the files. I'm currently rebuilding and will test them soon.

7. gcyzidane

gcyzidane Executive

Thanks a lot

8. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

9. gcyzidane

gcyzidane Executive

skullz613 likes this.