1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Game Play floor lights

Discussion in 'Game Play Support and Other' started by mrmnts, Feb 5, 2016.

1. mrmnts

mrmnts Skilled Worker

Hello, can someone create very simple floor lights for gardens and plazas. as ploppables. At the moment there are only tall street lamps, I would like to add some ilumination at the floor level to light up plants and create ambiance, if possible. Maybe it can be done using the existing lamps, removing the pole? Thanks!

2. kipate

kipate Governor

You can carefully use the ploppables streetlights: place them where you want, then delete again, and place the flower. The light of the lantern will most likely stay. But I would test it before using it in your city.
    And working with the ploppable lanterns is a dangerous game. Once placed wrong, then the lantern's light will stay there forever at night...

3. mrmnts

mrmnts Skilled Worker

@kipate , I tried what you suggest here but it's not working like that in my computer. The thing is, even if the light stayed, it is too high up to create the effect I'm after. I want the light to come from the floor. Anyway, when I delete the street lamps everything is gone cxl_screenshot_yumetochi_21.jpg

I created a save point before testing this in the city I'm currently working on, in case it messed up things but it still works fine, no crashes (I'll keep my fingers crossed just in case); I guess it is cause I'm at 22K inhabitants only so not a lot going on there for now

cxl_screenshot_yumetochi_22.jpg

cxl_screenshot_yumetochi_24.jpg

What I was talking about is something like this:

http://www.technogreen.jp/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/IMG_0944.jpg 
    http://www.tanakazouen-garden.com/images/works_img05.jpg
    http://www.sunlive.ne.jp/img/garden/design/li/img08.jpg
    http://www.clovergarden.biz/assets/images/house/light-garden2.jpg

A lot of new development houses in Japan have this ornamental outdoor lighting

4. kipate

kipate Governor

Okay, but creating atmospheric light is quite difficult, if not impossible...

5. mrmnts

mrmnts Skilled Worker

OK, fair enough ...:cry:

6. mrmnts

mrmnts Skilled Worker

I have found that the plaza in the image has floor lights. The benches in this plaza have been made into ploppables already. Isn't it possible to do the same with the lights? and is there anybody willing to take the time for this?

floorlights.jpg

7. mrmnts

mrmnts Skilled Worker

Hi there! Apologies as you were right. I was using @Drazicdesign ploppables to run the street lights test you suggested and it didn't work but the older ones do work as you say here. If you "push" them down by holding shift and dragging the mouse they do work pretty nicely as floor lights (like in the plaza above. I think that's what the author did here). So I tried that and I got pretty decent results. Also your warning applies, as once placed it is almost impossible to remove them, I dare say. I thought of deleting this thread cause it's pointless to me now, but maybe others might find the info here useful

floorlightsflat.jpg

Myname and kipate like this.