1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Floro Map, City Building Contest August 2017

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Mr.X², Aug 6, 2017.

1. kipate

kipate Governor

Fabulous work so far, @Kitsunebi (y) Only thing I'm not sure about are the forests. I would rather use park plazas and add some ped paths to have them available for the urban population, but just my two cents ;)

Kitsunebi likes this.
  2. kipate

kipate Governor

I sincerely hope for more contestors :p
    What about @loren banovic, @RedZone19, @giorgioselsedai, @Wibi, @Inan, @Gioroman87, @Razox, @ronrn, @all the others that I forgot?

And there are some members whose creations I would really love to see, specifically the ones of @ezekiel,who has an eye for fine American Cities, @PaulJChris, who must be similarly fanatic about realism as I am, @Project_Oz, who has lots of experience with maps that have a steeper coastline.

Also, our glorious leader, @skullz613, and our glorious moderator, @Mr.X², you should/could enter as well ;)

I KNOW it's only about 2 months until the end of the competition, BUT in the end, I guess you will have high chances when you just fill up the main island and a tad Little bit of the surroundings, and that can be done :)

selodinger likes this.
  3. Jotaere

Jotaere Mayor

Airport almost done... hope to finish what comes to be more important... the city...
    cxl_screenshot_chi_7.jpg

Myname, BahadirB, Kitsunebi and 5 others like this.
  4. Kitsunebi

Kitsunebi Governor

Holy crap... now I can go hang myself :LOL: that's one awesome airport (y)

Jotaere and kipate like this.
  5. Jotaere

Jotaere Mayor

6. BahadirB

BahadirB Governor

Well, a close-up that took a few hours. The modern downtown (çarşı, lit. marketplace) of the island, two parallel streets where you can also dine and wine. :)

cxl_screenshot_florini_2.jpg

7. kipate

kipate Governor

Fantastic airport, @Jotaere! I love that cared about all the little details, like the taxiway centre lines, the runway length, the distances between the large aircrafts, and so on... (y)
    Also, the terminal has a great shape, I love it :xllove:
    Will there be more aprons, though? Your airport looks like it could accomodate at least 20-25 million passengers, given the size of the terminal and the condition that there is only one runway so far. But you only have like 25-30 aprons so far, which seems not enough. Maybe have a look at Fukuoka or Xiamen Airport, they have lots of aprons of all sizes. Nonetheless, I cannot wait to see the final product:)
    By the way, maybe that mod is worth taking a look: Transportation - Ultimate Airport Terminal Pack ;)

I sincerely enjoy your street scenery, @BahadirB (y) good eye for the details, and you showed enough patience to diversify the buildings and the decorations, so it does not look monotonous. And I think you did a splendid job with the little backyards :)

Also, I really love playing with that decorative railtracks mod:
    [​IMG]

Now push your limits :D

8. Kitsunebi

Kitsunebi Governor

@BahadirB that looks really nice! Well done (y) I love to dine.. and I love wine :LOL:

@kipate what a fantastic railway station! I can't believe how boring mine looks compared to yours :p

BahadirB and Drazicdesign like this.
  9. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

Well guys! All this makes me want to see more!
    I have to say that Kipate's inviation and all your beautiful pictures gave me want to participate,

I'm not sure I have enough time to present the city, but who does not try anything has nothing!

My start of construction,

[​IMG]

10. kipate

kipate Governor

Whenever I see you city screenshots, I realize I need to try even harder, @Drazicdesign, and that's a good thing (y)
    Fabulous work on the highway system, and the skyline looks perfect, I cannot wait to see the finished result :)
    I only hope for more parking lots next to the sports center ;) :D

Drazicdesign and Kimopolis like this.
  11. BahadirB

BahadirB Governor

Well, you might not have the time, but you already got my vote for the competition! Amazing work!

Drazicdesign, Kimopolis and Jotaere like this.
  12. Project_Oz

Project_Oz Mayor

@kipate, challenge accepted. Let's see what happens. . Day 1 in Nok. cxl_screenshot_nok_0.jpg

Attached Files:

13. selodinger

selodinger Governor

A dam? It's amazing Oz, good luck with that :)

14. kipate

kipate Governor

Thanks a lot, @Kitsunebi :) But your train station is not boring at all. At least it is not just concrete everywhere :p

And what a great start, @Project_Oz, I absolutely love that dam and the little custom-made islands (y)
    Wise choice of trees, too. It will be autumn for most of the voters during the voting phase, so people will evoke homely feelings for your landscape :)

Kimopolis likes this.
  15. Project_Oz

Project_Oz Mayor

I built a bridge between the island and the central land and because it looks too strange I turned it into a dam. :sneaky:

Jotaere, BahadirB and kipate like this.
  16. Kitsunebi

Kitsunebi Governor

Jotaere likes this.
  17. Project_Oz

Project_Oz Mayor

thank you, is almost finished
    cxl_screenshot_nok_5.jpg

18. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Well I though I'd join in this time so this is my humble start. Not sure where I'm going with it. Just randomly plopping stuff down at the moment. Finished one little island though.
    01.jpg
    02.jpg

Kitsunebi, Clemech4, kipate and 5 others like this.
  19. kipate

kipate Governor

What, you are building a big port and a wide industrial estate? So not going for Best Green City? Who are you and what happened to the real Skullz? :D Well, I like what I see, though, and the little island looks overly realistic (y)

Wow, @Project_Oz, that's a superb dam. The water colour is a bit irritating, though, maybe try a darker tone? Or you can edit it in the end with Photoshop:p

20. Project_Oz

Project_Oz Mayor

Thanks, needs some retouching. About the color of the water, it matters the angle from which you take the picture. For example, if you take a closer picture, the water is darker.
    cxl_screenshot_nok_7.jpg