1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I will no longer be hosting XLNation as of March 1, 2017. Skullz613 will be taking the reigns of the site in early 2017 and XLNation will be moving to a new web hosting service. During that transition there will be an interruption in service of up to two weeks. Skullz613 is now a full administrator of XLNation. Be kind to him.
    Dismiss Notice

Cities XXL Game crashes 5-10 minutes in

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by fcgm12, Jan 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. fcgm12

fcgm12 Unskilled Worker

I've recently started playing Cities XXL and I have this problem. It happens both with and without mods (the only difference is that I seem to be able to play a little longer without the mods).
    These are the last bits of a couple of the log files:
    [02:39:44] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 523) Error PanelMgr:ClearAll calls PanelMgr:ClearMainMenu
    [02:39:55] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 523) Error PanelMgr:ClearAll calls PanelMgr:ClearMainMenu
    [02:40:15] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 523) Error CONSTRUCTIONMENU2._CurrentRequest is not valid
    [02:40:16] CORE mcFile.cpp ( 198) Error can't open file noprototypetype
    [02:40:17] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 523) Error CONSTRUCTIONMENU2._CurrentRequest is not valid
    [02:40:17] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 523) Error PanelMgr:ClearAll calls PanelMgr:ClearMainMenu
    [02:40:19] CORE mcFile.cpp ( 198) Error can't open file zac
    [02:40:46] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 523) Error PanelMgr:ClearAll calls PanelMgr:ClearMainMenu
    [02:40:53] LIVE lsnMetaLane.cpp ( 546) Error smtMetaTrack::ComputeTrafficPosition returned false
    [02:40:53] LIVE lsnMetaLane.cpp ( 546) Error smtMetaTrack::ComputeTrafficPosition returned false
    [02:41:00] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 523) Error Doing New message box with noAction LOADSAVECHECKPOINT:AreYouSure_Cancel
    [02:41:02] CORE Texture.cpp ( 200) Assert hr code: fc3538 "Error creating 2D map texture"
    [22:57:32] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 523) Error PanelMgr:ClearAll calls PanelMgr:ClearMainMenu
    [22:57:37] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 523) Error PanelMgr:ClearAll calls PanelMgr:ClearMainMenu
    [22:57:40] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 523) Error PanelMgr:ClearAll calls PanelMgr:ClearMainMenu
    [22:57:44] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 523) Error PanelMgr:ClearAll calls PanelMgr:ClearMainMenu
    [22:58:42] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 523) Error PanelMgr:ClearAll calls PanelMgr:ClearMainMenu
    [22:59:24] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 523) Error PanelMgr:ClearAll calls PanelMgr:ClearMainMenu
    [22:59:31] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 523) Error PanelMgr:ClearAll calls PanelMgr:ClearMainMenu
    [22:59:52] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 523) Error PanelMgr:ClearAll calls PanelMgr:ClearMainMenu
    [23:00:02] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 523) Error PanelMgr:ClearAll calls PanelMgr:ClearMainMenu
    [23:00:50] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 523) Error PanelMgr:ClearAll calls PanelMgr:ClearMainMenu
    [23:00:56] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 523) Error ConcatenateString = BuildingPayable|1||ThumbPath|bz_pick.tga||BuildingVisible|1||IsBluePrint|0||IsJustUnlocked|0||BuildingName|&D_BZ_PICK||IsRail|0||BuildingPaid|0||IsAvenue|0||BuildingSimName|&D_SIM||IsBridge|0||ProtoPath|data/design/buildings/construction/bulldozer/bz_pick.class||IsHighWay|0||IsBulldozer|1||IsAvailable|false||IsExpressWay|0||BuildingUnlocked|1
    [23:00:56] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 523) Error ConcatenateString = BuildingPayable|1||ThumbPath|bz_ground.tga||BuildingVisible|1||IsBluePrint|0||IsJustUnlocked|0||BuildingName|&D_BZ_GROUND||IsRail|0||BuildingPaid|0||IsAvenue|0||BuildingSimName|&D_SIM||IsBridge|0||ProtoPath|data/design/buildings/construction/bulldozer/bz_ground.class||IsHighWay|0||IsBulldozer|1||IsAvailable|false||IsExpressWay|0||BuildingUnlocked|1
    [23:00:56] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 523) Error ConcatenateString = BuildingPayable|1||ThumbPath|bz_pick.tga||BuildingVisible|1||IsBluePrint|0||IsJustUnlocked|0||BuildingName|&D_BZ_PICK||IsRail|0||BuildingPaid|0||IsAvenue|0||BuildingSimName|&D_SIM||IsBridge|0||ProtoPath|data/design/buildings/construction/bulldozer/bz_pick.class||IsHighWay|0||IsBulldozer|1||IsAvailable|false||IsExpressWay|0||BuildingUnlocked|1
    [23:00:56] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 523) Error ConcatenateString = BuildingPayable|1||ThumbPath|bz_ground.tga||BuildingVisible|1||IsBluePrint|0||IsJustUnlocked|0||BuildingName|&D_BZ_GROUND||IsRail|0||BuildingPaid|0||IsAvenue|0||BuildingSimName|&D_SIM||IsBridge|0||ProtoPath|data/design/buildings/construction/bulldozer/bz_ground.class||IsHighWay|0||IsBulldozer|1||IsAvailable|false||IsExpressWay|0||BuildingUnlocked|1
    [23:00:57] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 523) Error ConcatenateString = BuildingPayable|1||ThumbPath|bz_pick.tga||BuildingVisible|1||IsBluePrint|0||IsJustUnlocked|0||BuildingName|&D_BZ_PICK||IsRail|0||BuildingPaid|0||IsAvenue|0||BuildingSimName|&D_SIM||IsBridge|0||ProtoPath|data/design/buildings/construction/bulldozer/bz_pick.class||IsHighWay|0||IsBulldozer|1||IsAvailable|false||IsExpressWay|0||BuildingUnlocked|1
    [23:00:57] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 523) Error ConcatenateString = BuildingPayable|1||ThumbPath|bz_ground.tga||BuildingVisible|1||IsBluePrint|0||IsJustUnlocked|0||BuildingName|&D_BZ_GROUND||IsRail|0||BuildingPaid|0||IsAvenue|0||BuildingSimName|&D_SIM||IsBridge|0||ProtoPath|data/design/buildings/construction/bulldozer/bz_ground.class||IsHighWay|0||IsBulldozer|1||IsAvailable|false||IsExpressWay|0||BuildingUnlocked|1
    [23:01:02] CORE Buffer.cpp ( 69) Assert hr code: fc84e0 ("Failed to create index buffer")

Does anybody have any idea why this is happening & how could I fix it?
    Thanks in advance.

2. ronrn

ronrn Governor

Try:
    go to steam/library...right click on cities XXL....choose... properties/local files/verify integrity of game cache

If that doesn't work (I know it's a pain) try a new complete install and be sure to remove any xxl related files first.

fcgm12 likes this.
  3. fcgm12

fcgm12 Unskilled Worker

Thanks!
    I tried the cache thing but it didn't work.
    I have already done a full re-install and it stayed the same :\

Apparently it's not the game causing this since I've had a very similar issue playing other games. I'll try updating my drivers and so on. I read somewhere that it might be a problem of small processor or little memory (I have a Dual Core 2.60GHz and only 4Gb of RAM), so yeah...

Anyway, do you -or anyone- know how to change the settings so that the game autosaves more often? After the cache cleaning it seems to have improved and now I can play for about half an hour; I don't really mind having to re-launch the game every time it crashes, it's just that I lose a lot of the progress since it usually only autosaves once or twice within that time. Is it possible to shorten the times between autosaves? I've tried saving manually but I tend to forget and it's quite a pain in the a**.

4. ronrn

ronrn Governor

No way to adjust auto save that I know of. Manual saving is the only way to advance saves.
    Try lowering the "detail display distance" & "traffic density" settings in the options panel.

5. fcgm12

fcgm12 Unskilled Worker

Actually, I've done a throrough clean of my PC (it had been a while since I'd last done it) and now everything works perfectly! The power of dust to screw things up cannot be understated.
    Thank you very much for your help :D

Now if some mod or something can close this thread or mark it as resolved (or whatever, I'm still a noob)