1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Game Crashes With Any Mods Other Than Uim

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Landstander, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Landstander

Landstander Vagabond

I just installed Platinum and then installed the UIM. I also added about a dozen mods to a "mods" folders in Paks, including CLM, several NEXLs and the Realistic Highway Mod.

I get a crash every time on the splash screen before the game loads. Without any custom contents in the Paks folder I can launch the game. UIM alone seems to be fine. But it seems that any mod I add to the Paks folder causes an instant crash.

Sorry if this is a bad question or in the wrong forum. It appears XLNation has experienced some data loss so there's not much archive for me to look through. Hopefully someone can help me out, it is very much appreciated! I haven't played Cities in years and I'm looking forward to giving it another go.

Thanks,
    Landstander

2. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Landstander likes this.
  3. Landstander

Landstander Vagabond

Thanks, here is the info:

Seems to be a memory problem.

I do have 8gb of RAM, and about 4.6gb is available, as the log suggests. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit.

[20:40:24] CORE mcMem.cpp ( 827) Error Available physical memory = 4.566Gb
    [20:40:24] CORE mcMem.cpp ( 828) Error Available addressable virtual memory = 3.808Gb
    [20:40:24] CORE mcMem.cpp ( 829) Error Total physical memory = 7.968Gb
    [20:40:24] CORE mcMem.cpp ( 830) Error Total addressable virtual memory = 3.999Gb
    [20:40:24] MEMORY mcMemAllocator.cpp ( 107) ErrorBuild .\Core\mcStringBasic.cpp(124) : Request for allocation failed. Out of memory (need -1636308032)

I started a new game with only UIM and everything looked fine. Tried again with several different mods and had the instance crash each time. It does not seem to care which mod file(s) I try to include, any one and the game will not load.

4. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

You could try changing the poolsize.

This is copied from the old XLN forum. See the bit at the bottom regarding the poolsize.

Here's some links regarding the poolsize and the 4GB patch

http://web.archive.org/web/20130901...ontent/cxl-4gb-ram-usage-patch-64-bit-os-only
    http://forum.citiesxl.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5036

Landstander likes this.
  5. Landstander

Landstander Vagabond

No luck yet. It has loaded up with one small mod, but all other cause a crash. I've tried the memory fix, running as admin, compatibility modes, uninstalling, verifying game cache, the whole nine yards.

Generally speaking, can mods be added into existing cities? If I start a city without mods can I add them in later without problems or is that usually a bad idea?

I've also been able to get some more specific errors...

[21:46:46] CORE mcStreamBin.cpp ( 282) Assert This shouldn't happen in release...
    [21:46:48] CORE mcFile.cpp ( 198) Error can't open file data\config\gembeachscenarii.cfg
    [21:46:48] SIMTOURIST pesTourismParams.cpp ( 179) Error pesTourismParams::LoadScenarii : Can't load <data/config/gembeachscenarii.cfg>
    [21:46:48] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 522) Error HighLightMgr compiled
    [21:46:48] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 522) Error Compiling Data/Test/MapList.cxl
    [21:46:48] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 522) Error Compiling Data/Test/MapList.cxl done
    [21:46:48] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 522) Error Compiling Data/Test/SoloTradeMgr.cxl
    [21:46:48] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 522) Error Compiling Data/Test/SoloTradeMgr.cxl done
    [21:46:48] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 522) Error vous devrez ajouter 1 bâtiments supplémentaires pour valider l'étape CHAP4_11
    ~~~
    [21:46:48] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 522) Error vous devrez ajouter 1 bâtiments supplémentaires pour valider l'étape GEMCHAP2_29
    [21:46:51] CoreTag ctTagContainer.cpp ( 192) ErrorBuild Tag <PedPath> is not defined in tag list, check Tags.cfg

I get different Tag issues depending on which mods I try to load.

Only certain mods (or combos) seem to trigger the memory crash. CLM and ParkingLotPack appear to be culprits. Without those, I get the above Tags.cfg errors.

6. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Are you sure you have the latest UIM installed and its installed properly?

Landstander likes this.
  7. Landstander

Landstander Vagabond

Thanks for all the responses skullz, I needed some ideas and it's so hard with most of the forum posts gone.

I had uninstalled UIM at some point and failed to re-install it, hence the new pak issues. This time, I used the manual mod patch instead of running the installer. Now mods will load! It may have never been installed correctly before.

CLM still didn't work, but all other mods did. I think I need the CLM component for the UIM that is optional in the .exe installer. I can't find it as a standalone patch. Any ideas? The CLM page refers to a link on the UIM page, but I don't see that link.
    http://xlnation.net/resources/the-crime-and-leisure-add-on-clm.410/

I'm also not seeing the postal buildings for some reason in the menu. UIM patch notes refer to a Postal layer that I can't find either.

Anyway, thanks for the help! I'll work on these issues and if you have any ideas I'd love to hear them!

8. Landstander

Landstander Vagabond

Oh - I needed to use the toggles on the bottom of the menu to show the postal buildings.

9. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

The CLM addon can cause problems and it might clash with other mods. I don't use it because of the problems.

10. Landstander

Landstander Vagabond

Gotcha, I won't push my luck. Do you use any leisure mods? Downloading a bunch of your maps now.

11. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Do you mean the CLM pack? If so no.
    If you mean the normal leisure mods then yes.
    My PAKS folder is like a overfull cup flowing over the edges :)
    I found some more buildings today that I did not have and found two of them cause a crash.
    2 Prudential Plaza, Chicago and Areva Tower
    I'm running CXL 2012 by the way on Win7 32bit

Landstander likes this.
  12. snick

snick Moderator
    Staff Member

There does seem to be a problem with some of the files on the XLEX having been corrupted for some reason.

13. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

Those patches have been fixed now and you should download and replace.

Landstander likes this.
  14. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

The patch files from the OLD XLNation were copied the old fashion way this time. Copy from OLD XLNation to USB, then USB to NEW XLNation and then copy command to the sFTP directory where everyone is getting the patches for updating here. They have been checked clear. No more issues with binary or ascii format of FTP files

15. Monty

Monty Governor

It's possible that the exe installation failed because you need to set the installation path folder manually while installing. The installer may not find the correct folder itself, so it uses a default folder path that may not match your game installation folder.

16. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Theres two files in the zip file that I don't have on my PC.

XLN_CLM_HEM_Skibuildings_v1
    XLN_CLM_HEM_Beachbuildings_v1

Try CLM without those two in your PAKS folder

17. cpward

cpward Vagabond

I have a question where do i install maps that i download ?

18. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Make a folder in your Paks folder called Maps and put them in there.
    Examples,
    C:\Program Files\Focus Home Interactive\Cities XL 2012\Paks\Maps
    or if 64bit
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Focus Home Interactive\Cities XL 2012\Paks\Maps

19. cpward

cpward Vagabond

thank you so much

20. cpward

cpward Vagabond

ok that didnt work either i have steam version of the game does that matter ? cause i placed them in the following folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Cities XL Platinum\Paks\maps and the splash screen comes up then crashes .