1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Game doesn't start when modding

Discussion in 'Modding Help Quarter' started by Boss24, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Boss24

Boss24 Vagabond

I downloaded a mod and plopped it into my paks folder, but when I do the game freaks out and doesn't start. So ummm... what do

2. Monty

Monty Governor

what does the log file say?

3. Boss24

Boss24 Vagabond

It just says "Cities XL has stopped working." Do i like need something special to mod? All i did was download the mod and put it into my paks folder. Do I need to download something else for it to work?

4. Monty

Monty Governor

Check the log file C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Focus Home Interactive\Cities XL\log

Do have the pre-requisite mods installed? User Interface Mod, Shader pack for players, XL Nation Furniture pack?

5. Boss24

Boss24 Vagabond

Um how do i find the log. Keep in mind i'm a huge noob to software.

6. ronrn

ronrn Governor

To see the "app/data" folder you may have to put a check in the "hidden items" box in your view menu.

Attached Files:

7. Boss24

Boss24 Vagabond

I have windows 7. I think that's Windows 10 or 8 or whatever. I don't even know how to get to that page. Honestly, this is frustrating me. This is all I get when I try to reach it, and theres no "AppData."

Attached Files:

8. ronrn

ronrn Governor

Here's how to display hidden files and folders in windows 7.
    1. Open Folder Options by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Folder Options.
    2.Click the View tab.
    3.Under Advanced settings, click Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then click OK.
    Then the app/data folder should then be visible.