1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Game Not Opening

Discussion in 'Game Play Support' started by chanfors, Sep 13, 2014.

1. chanfors

chanfors Unskilled Worker

Do I need to re-mod my game (cause of the site change)? I haven't added any mods, but the game can't load/ crashes on start?

2. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Post the last 10 lines of your log file so we can see whats happening.

3. chanfors

The tutorial on how to make on isn't up yet, how do I make one again?

4. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

5. chanfors

It couldn't open a file in the LA Expansion Pack; it's only two one log line long:
    [14:33:35] SimTrack strTrackManager.cpp (1360) ErrorBuild Unknown vehicle <FreightVan>, check Tags.cfg

6. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Are you running the latest UIM?

7. chanfors

To my knowledge; let me look.
    And I realize that message was super unclear, so I'll repost it more sensibly.

It had two errors, one was a mod error so I was able to fix that easy, but then that line I posted.

I'll redownload UIM and let you know!

8. chanfors

Skullz, I redownloaded UIM and I still got this line:
    [18:50:12] SimTrack strTrackManager.cpp (1360) ErrorBuild Unknown vehicle <FreightVan>, check Tags.cfg

That's what's preventing starting the game

9. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Well I would say there is a mod that's using a tag that is not in the UIM but i could be wrong.
    I thought the only mod that needed the UIM tags to be updated was the mod by PJC.

10. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

well.. if have no idea about logs..
    but "<FreightVan>" let me think of the ploppable freight truck mod which caused a lot of trouble and crash's.. then it has been removed from (old) xlex
    you got that mod installed?
    just an idea

11. chanfors

Hey Mr.X2 and skullz, on generation city I found somebody with the same problem, and they seemed to think it was from a mod on the XLN site, but didn't say which one specifically. They did say a 'cargo vehicle' (Google translated; "véhicule de fret" was the original posting.). I've deleted all my mods with the keyword 'vehicle' as I have none with 'van' or 'freight'. After deleting all with 'vehicle' still no luck. I'll see if I have that downloaded. Do you know who it was by? I think I may have it downloaded, but I'm not sure...

What's weird is that I've not had this problem at all before, and haven't installed any mods in awhile.

12. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

13. chanfors

I checked to see if I had that mod downloaded and I don't.
    I'll delete all mods and see how that goes :(
    Nothing quite as sad as seeing 574 files get deleted, and deleting all my cities, let's hope this works. If it doesn't I'll just reinstall the game I suppose.

14. chanfors

Welp, deleted all my mods worked. Sad to have them all go and all my cities basically gone...
    Skullz thank you so much for your help. I seriously cannot thank you enough for your help! (y)

15. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Well at least you know its a mod causing it. On that page I posted the link to, it has the patch name.
    XLN_Br41n_Truck_Ploppables_V1.0.patch
    If thats not in your folder then you must have a couple of other mods clashing.
    I lost a city last week due to an error. Think it was the Japanese house mod by atyotyotyo as it was the last thing I remember adding to my city.

16. chanfors

True, I searched for the patch and it wasn't that. I tried deleting all my latest downloads and no luck. Time to redownload! I'll try and look at it as a good thing, but man does that stink.
    I'll just have to rebuild I suppose, but it could have turned out worse.

17. snick

snick Moderator
    Staff Member

It always helps to make back ups of your cities just in case something like this happens.

It stinks to lose your work, but a fresh start with more knowledge isn't a bad thing in the end.

18. KevinTheCynic

KevinTheCynic Executive

Yeah, I now believe it's almost a necessity to keep a backup of your mods in a separate folder somewhere after suffering something similar. Having a backup saves you from all the hassle of finding those mods on the net if you have had to delete all mods from the game folder.

19. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

You need to have them stashed away in a working format so they can be dumped into the PAKs folder without a fuss.
    I also have them in their respective folders (named as they were posted on the XLN) with either the html page or a txt
    Example
    example.PNG description with images.

20. Extablitz

Extablitz Unskilled Worker

this error caused by wrong installation UIM
    I manage to fix it by install uim on desktop, and then copied those files manually to game folder.
    You'll see the uim installation folders looks same with game folders