1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Geneva, Switzerland 1.0

XXL city area map of Geneva, Switzerland

1. ronrn

ronrn Governor

ronrn submitted a new resource:

Geneva, Switzerland - XXL city area map of Geneva, Switzerland

Read more about this resource...

2. Birk LeGlaire

Birk LeGlaire Governor

I never downloaded a map. Bug Geneva, I shoud.

But if the geography seems to respect rather well the reality, the geology ...? Why some oil? A little of tourism, OK. A lot of water, it is certain.
    As for the size of the card, she should be small rather, Geneva is a city which suffers a great deal of its lack of room to build. The rents are mentally ill.

From my point of view, a card has to reflect the geography but also the economic situation. That is what would make more interesting the gameplay.

Yes you know, Birk LeGlaire is always talking about gameplay....

3. ronrn

ronrn Governor

-I understand and do not oppose your point of view.
    -Making these maps has become an enjoyable hobby, but my time is still somewhat limited.
    -While topography is my main focus, I spend an about 30 min. to an hour (sometimes more) researching real map resources, I do briefly overview things like demographics, economy, heritage sites, climate, and even native trees.
    -Since city specific geology information resources are much harder to find than topography resources, it would require a culmination of all of the statistics mentioned above to determine precise locations of city specific resources. Even then, it would most likely be a "best guess" scenario and you can be sure that any errors (or differences in opinions) would be quickly pointed out in the review section of the forums.
    -More to the point is... I just don't devote the extra time to include accurate "game" resource zones.
    However, keep in mind that I mainly do maps that are requested, and if someone were to make a request for a map/maps featuring specific zoning of game resources, I would make every attempt to feature accurate, or specifically desired resource zones.
    ;)